Spam 'Godfather' gets 51 months in prison

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
These past few days have seen some notable cyber justice cases: Late Monday, Alan M. Ralsky -- a man dubbed the "Godfather of Spam" -- was sentenced to 51 months in prison. And on Friday, a California man pleaded guilty in a case involving the sale of counterfeit high-tech computer parts to the U.S. military.

The Washington Post.

It's a start. :D

I am 100% against Spam, but the particular scheme involved is so lame that the people who fall for it deserve to be cheated. It is older than the internet. You buy a lot of some penny stock than desiminate the idea that it is the next big thing and you sell high.

I read once that some 15 year old boy made like $1M by just posting "this is the next big thing" on some obscure BB.

If you get an e-mail, letter, junk fax, BB post or any other tip from somebody YOU DON'T KNOW that says a stock is going up and you act on it, you deserve to lose.

I remember reading about one spam king had his home address posted on the net. That was great from what I read he broke all records for receiving the most junk mail. :D

Ralsky and Spamford were the bain of my existence when I worked for an ISP.

I'm glad he's behind bars finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)