Spam 'Godfather' gets 51 months in prison (1 Viewer)

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
These past few days have seen some notable cyber justice cases: Late Monday, Alan M. Ralsky -- a man dubbed the "Godfather of Spam" -- was sentenced to 51 months in prison. And on Friday, a California man pleaded guilty in a case involving the sale of counterfeit high-tech computer parts to the U.S. military.

The Washington Post.

It's a start. :D

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
I am 100% against Spam, but the particular scheme involved is so lame that the people who fall for it deserve to be cheated. It is older than the internet. You buy a lot of some penny stock than desiminate the idea that it is the next big thing and you sell high.

I read once that some 15 year old boy made like $1M by just posting "this is the next big thing" on some obscure BB.

If you get an e-mail, letter, junk fax, BB post or any other tip from somebody YOU DON'T KNOW that says a stock is going up and you act on it, you deserve to lose.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
I remember reading about one spam king had his home address posted on the net. That was great from what I read he broke all records for receiving the most junk mail. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts