On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
If you gonna post spam why not also ask how to hack
this site has no need want or desires for spam
please stop posting spam on this site

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that 99% of the spam posts here are done by bots. Its a never ending battle to keep fighting off the bots, but we keep fighting the fight. :D

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of deleted posts recently that were deleted because they were spam. You'd think people would figure this out, but I guess not. Sorry that you guys have to do so much work to keep these things under wraps. It seems every forum has them in it where one of the Mods have deleted it. And I dont' know how long that stays up, where you tell the reason it was deleted.

Good job every mod/staff member! A+ on keeping spam at bay here.

You'd think people would figure this out, but I guess not.
You know why spammers continue to send (or post) spam ?? 'cause it works.... Sure, 99% of the people who see or get the spam ignore it, but there's 1% who take the bait.

I would say that 99% of the spam posts here are done by bots. Its a never ending battle to keep fighting off the bots, but we keep fighting the fight. :D

I am sure the guys who have been mods here for a while have black and blue bruises to prove it. In the short time I have been on here there have been a ton.

If you see a big list of items someone is selling that is not in the Classifieds then use the report button and that will help us alot.

Usually its Cell Phones and Ipods. :D

I am proud of our staff though as most spam is killed within 3 minutes of it being posted. :D

Thanks for all of your hard work guys, it is appreciated.

Sad thing is there was an informercial on a few weeks ago where they were offering a "marketing" aka spammng system that would post on Yahoo groups, Google groups and many mboard software packages. They had a screen shot of a vB mboard getting posted to with the spam. Those people whould be sent out to an remote island.

Actually its very easy to eliminate the robot spam, add a distorted image pass code to the login for the website, bots arent able to decipher the distorted image letters at this time and its a tool I use on the chat site I mod for when ever someone starts sending in bots to spam the site. We also use a no proxie command as well as a no reference command along with temp to perm ip bans and we are able to flag ip's as proxies in our system to use when we use the no proxie command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)