Special Offer: HBO & Showtime Free for 3 Months

Since I am still enjoying the Cinemax for a .01 deal I must not be eligible. It is not listed as an offer under my account.

We currently still have the CineMax for a penny (until July at least) on our account and the HBO/ShowTime three months free deal IS listed on our account under OFFERS (although we haven't opted for it yet), so evidently they're inconsistent with customer offers. It doesn't make sense.

This makes as much sense as some customers being allowed to continue another year with the CineMax penny deal while others are told no because "that promotion has ended". Dish Network seems to be inconsistent with a lot of these types of things from what I have read here on the SG forums.

IMO (and my experience with them), the CSR is the (extremely) weak link between Dish Network and its customers. I have talked with a few good CSRs, but the majority of them shouldn't be working there. Maybe some of it is in the "training"...

Add me to the list of people that was told I was not eligible because I partook of HBO/Starz promo. However, because I was a "valued long time customer" The CSR gave me just Showtime free for 3 months.....go figure.
The bummer part was the only reason I wanted the free promo was to watch The Pacific on HBO. But, I can't complain because hey, they gave me free showtime. 30+ days into the freebie my wife and I have watched a total of 1 movie on Showtime.

Saw my online bill Tuesday and they charged me for the free HBO/Showtime deal. I called today and they said it was only available to new customers. I told them it was in my offer box otherwise I wouldn't have signed up. No difference. They prorated me for the last 2 weeks. I had this deal canceled last September so I was surprised I was given it again so soon. Oh well, I gave it a try. Guess I'll try again this fall after my year passes.

Saw my online bill Tuesday and they charged me for the free HBO/Showtime deal. I called today and they said it was only available to new customers. I told them it was in my offer box otherwise I wouldn't have signed up. No difference. They prorated me for the last 2 weeks. I had this deal canceled last September so I was surprised I was given it again so soon. Oh well, I gave it a try. Guess I'll try again this fall after my year passes.

They did change the amount due since I signed up in the middle of the month. So, I saw $24.82 as a charge then three $22.00 credits/adjustments. However, maybe they will do a $2.82 credit or adjustment when I cancel by the date of three months.

Last time, although I even canceled in the offer box, they tried to charge $22.00. I talked with a CSR online who took off the $22.00 immediately. Therefore, I will go that route if needed if any charges occur. I will probably play CSR roulette until someone does it. It seems silly that they do this for the 3 months free at times from what I hear from others. If it is three months free, then it should be free. I think that it is a nice offer when everyone is offered it, but like I said, free should be free as stated because that is how one should treat their customers in order to keep them.

you will have problems wit dish when you drop this packege before or on the date you have to drop. you will be billed a 5.00 to drop this packege and then the way dish does it billing you will have a charger of 22.00 on the 4th mos bill and to get that charger off your bill take 2 to 3 billing periods

it is a big hasel just for 3 mos of this

Misspellings notwithstanding, you are correct. Too many hassles with the billing if you quit the free promo. Not worth it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have been paperless, auto-pay since it was first offered and have enjoyed the Cinemax 1¢ (which expires May 17).

Took your advice and went to My Account, clicked on offers and within 5 minutes my channels started showing up in my guide.

No 'chat' (real or virtual) required.

Just a few clicks (then set my Outlook calender to bug me in 3 months)

Thanks again!

Still have the offer on my account. Trying to wait until the new season of Penn & Teller starts in June.

Can you cancel auto pay after three months if you don't want it? It is in my offer box, only been with dish for 6 months, since November, and had hbo/showtime 3mos free already when I signed up. Says I am eligible when i click on it so i don't know. I already have hbo/sho/starz so its not a big deal if it does not go through, already paying for it anyway. Just want to make sure I can cancel the auto-pay after the promotion or if they say i am ineligible since I already had it.

I got a mailing for hbo/showtime. already have both also auto and paperless and was told it was for those who dont have auto and paperless so she gave me 3 free pay per views. I wasnt in the mood to argue, I could try again later but not in the mood for it right now:(

This "FREE" 3 months of HBO / Showtime cost me over $60. After talking to the 4th CSR I discovered that since I accepted a previous offer last May that the cost wasn't being deducted from my bill.

Dang I was going to add the free 3 months to my account today and it's gone under offers. It was right there last night too. Trying online chat to see if I can get it.

Just got it added via online chat. Got it all in writing and have the transcript in case I don't receive any credits.

I did it online as well a couple of weeks ago, and I have only been with dish for 6months and had free hbo and showtime the first 3 months. Already was paying for both so would not have cared if it did not work but it did. And not only did I get the offer they also sent me 5 free ppv coupons :). confirmed with csr that i was getting it and also the 5 ppvs which were a pleasant surprise.

Well, I was told I could get this in June after 6 months(actually 8 months), and I tried today and was told since I had it in the last 12 months I do not qualify? Nice consistency, DISH!

I did it online as well a couple of weeks ago, and I have only been with dish for 6months and had free hbo and showtime the first 3 months. Already was paying for both so would not have cared if it did not work but it did. And not only did I get the offer they also sent me 5 free ppv coupons :). confirmed with csr that i was getting it and also the 5 ppvs which were a pleasant surprise.

Have you received any credits on your bill the second time around?

Well, I was told I could get this in June after 6 months(actually 8 months), and I tried today and was told since I had it in the last 12 months I do not qualify? Nice consistency, DISH!

I would try again. CSR roulette plus I would do it online if you haven't in the past.

Have you received any credits on your bill the second time around?

The next day the balance was -$44 for the two months of free hbo and sho, since they gave back the June charge which i had already paid when i signed up for autopay and the May charge since we already had hbo/showtime/starz. Right now its around $14 since we ordered ufc, so the credits were applied. Guess i will have to wait to July to make sure i get the third month. But when i got the email about 5 free ppvs i called up to make sure that i was still getting the hbo/sho and the offer was not the ppvs, lol. The CSR confirmed that it was already credited and gave me the total bill for the next two months, and also said the ppvs were part of it as well. Maybe since we had 2-3 premiums since we have been with dish is why they let us have the offer again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)