Special Retailer Chat Recap - February 14, 2013

They already do this for their commercial accounts. But, the packs are more like content-provider-parent-company packs than theme packs.

DirecTV must do the same. I was waiting for my car to be serviced at the dealership recently, and found the DirecTV remote. I'm not familiar with their channel numbers, so I went into the guide to find ESPN to catch a little SportsCenter. When I hit on the channel I got a message about it being an unsubscribed channel.

I still find it hard to believe that dish puts so much emphasis on ptat, like that's a major selling point for the masses to upgrade...

If dish wants to make the hopper better they need to expand it to include other channels besides locals...
Check viewer numbers for locals vs the other networks. There's where you'll find your answer.....

Dear God! Troll much???

Not trolling at all... stating the facts from an installer point of view. They are a nightmare to put in and a nightmare to get customers to understand how they work not to mention the 3 tuner limit when they push them hard on people to upgrade that already have 4 TV's.... :rolleyes:

Autocorrect messes up what I type sometimes and I do not proofread enough. If the cost of streaming services approached the price of satellite then some advantages of the service as far as price would
Be lost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

they are... and not every installer posts on these forums. I have many out of my office that feel the exact same way.

I will agree with you that Hopper installs can be a pain in the butt and Dish's marketing is misleading. As a product overall though it is awesome. So, for you to come on here just to say it sucks because you don't like installing them and educating customers on how to use it is just a waste of everyone's time on here.

I looked at the prices regarding equipment. While it is nice for retailers to spend less upfront money. However dish could do like directv & after 3 days not make a retailer liable, instead of 180 days like dish does on equipment. I'll still steer people towards directv when I can, dish for me is just a backup.

The Dish equipment charge back time went to 30 days a couple of months ago.

Sure they skip. Just press the skip ahead button.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This is definitely what's been happening, first Hulu went to Hulu+ (with all the ads), espn3 is gone, etc. As soon as streaming services get more popular, they will get more expensive. The reason is that the programming is still provided by just a very few sources, the monopoly that has existed since the 1960's is still in place.

Dish is tough on the installer, it's one thing if your experienced with all their rebates, exchanges etc, but it is mighty tough on the small guys with just one or two employees. No free cruises for us!

Hopper Complaints

I think dvrexpander is expressing a valid point. These customer callbacks can be very frustrating. For example, many customers thought when they upgraded to the Hopper, it would not record commercials, then they are thinking the equipment is defective, or the Dish ads are misleading. I also believe that many installers are reluctant to voice complaints on forums.

Hopper vs adding 211k monthly fee analysis

Dish Pointing Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)