Spectrum - Roku dispute

I wonder if it is lost on Charter that the shoe is on the other foot this time compared to when they are dealing with channel owners.

I think firestick is censoring what you can watch. I tryed to watch Newsmax this morning and it wouldn,t play. So I tryed watching it on my Roku and it come right in. I think it is all political shenagans. Not going to say much more, but if this keeps happening I might just replace my fire sticks with roku sticks.

There is always firetv
That is the nice thing about streaming devices. They are generally inexpensive, so if an app is missing, you can find it elsewhere. It isn't like the old days, if there is a dispute with Dish, Direct, or cable, the viewer was stuck, unless they wanted to get a installer out to install a new service and pay. Now. it is easy to switch providers or streaming devices.

I think firestick is censoring what you can watch. I tryed to watch Newsmax this morning and it wouldn,t play. So I tryed watching it on my Roku and it come right in. I think it is all political shenagans. Not going to say much more, but if this keeps happening I might just replace my fire sticks with roku sticks.
If I thought it was political every time an app on my Firestick or Android phone stopped working right, I'd have to believe there's some really bizarre ideology out there. A couple of weeks ago the NordVPN app on my Firestick got screwed up and wouldn't let me select servers in certain US cities. Removing it and reinstalling fixed it. The farthest thought from my mind would be that it was anything political going on. If it makes you feel better, by all means replace the Firesticks with Roku's. I'm sure they'll appreciate the business... ;)

If I thought it was political every time an app on my Firestick or Android phone stopped working right, I'd have to believe there's some really bizarre ideology out there. A couple of weeks ago the NordVPN app on my Firestick got screwed up and wouldn't let me select servers in certain US cities. Removing it and reinstalling fixed it. The farthest thought from my mind would be that it was anything political going on. If it makes you feel better, by all means replace the Firesticks with Roku's. I'm sure they'll appreciate the business... ;)
Its amazon...that says it all

Reactions: Jillian2
Yes it does...just really wont go political in a non pit thread
Amazon has their right to chose whatever form of editorial control they want..they can chose to not carry an app for what ever reason they chose and lately they have been exercising those rights

Amazon has their right to chose whatever form of editorial control they want..they can chose to not carry an app for what ever reason they chose and lately they have been exercising those rights
I just downloaded both the Newsmax and OAN apps from Amazon and they both work as expected. Now I'll delete them with extreme prejudice... ;)

Reactions: mackie99 and ncted
I think firestick is censoring what you can watch. I tryed to watch Newsmax this morning and it wouldn,t play. So I tryed watching it on my Roku and it come right in. I think it is all political shenagans.
I just downloaded both the Newsmax and OAN apps from Amazon and they both work as expected.
“Never attribute to malice what is usually incompetence.” It could be the App on the Firestick just needed to be deleted and reinstalled due to app bug(s).

Reactions: NYDutch
“Never attribute to malice what is usually incompetence.” It could be the App on the Firestick just needed to be deleted and reinstalled due to app bug(s).
He said downloaded...thats a 3rd party unsupported app not in the store...give it 48 hours

He said downloaded...thats a 3rd party unsupported app not in the store...give it 48 hours
NYDutch said “downloaded from Amazon”, which to me says it’s an approved App in the Amazon store. I don’t have a Firestick/FireTV, so I am not familiar if Amazon hosts 3rd party unapproved Apps in their store.

edit: I see he provided the link on Amazon for the App. :D

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts