speculation on FCC ruling allowing DISH to buildout their 4GLTE

samedaysatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Illinois
I am very excited that dish may get the ruling from FCC within the next couple weeks. However I am concerned how they will implement the technology. I may be mistaken but I think they are wanting to use the 2ghz band or something similar (please correct me if I am wrong). If I am not wrong, does this band come with the challenge of wall penetration? And if it does, what would be a viable option to overcome it? If it is a challenge, would they place a antenna on the current satellite antenna (similar to a cantenna) or a straight shooter tile like antenna? Then pipe it down to a home wireless router? I think it would be a perfect fit for t-mobile acquisition because they have the wifi calling in their plans. I'm just excited and would like to hear what anyone else may have on the topic. Hopefully they get it! It would be awesome!

yea supposedly 2015 according to the filing response to ATT wanting them to hurry with the buildout. I do believe it is going to be only for LTE and beyond. Because many devices arent available for it yet, it won't be available for a while but it'll b a good thing for diversifying if you are a retailer. TV alone just aint gonna cut it anymore.

Not LTE, LTE Advanced.
Correct but LTE advanced is only required to support down to LTE which is the whole reason why they don't wanna build out fast to support current popular systems just to turn around and upgrade immediately after to LTE and LTE advanced. They wanna hit the ground running without immediate upgrade they are planning the 2015 date and are fighting the ATT blowback of a quick buildout.

I am very excited that dish may get the ruling from FCC within the next couple weeks. However I am concerned how they will implement the technology. I may be mistaken but I think they are wanting to use the 2ghz band or something similar (please correct me if I am wrong). If I am not wrong, does this band come with the challenge of wall penetration? And if it does, what would be a viable option to overcome it? If it is a challenge, would they place a antenna on the current satellite antenna (similar to a cantenna) or a straight shooter tile like antenna? Then pipe it down to a home wireless router? I think it would be a perfect fit for t-mobile acquisition because they have the wifi calling in their plans. I'm just excited and would like to hear what anyone else may have on the topic. Hopefully they get it! It would be awesome!

You really think Dish wants to buy T-Mobile? T-Mobile is heavily invested in HSPA+, not LTE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)