Speed increase to 250 mB!

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I got an offer from Comcast in the mail offering 250 Mb download internet for $69.99 for 24 months. I've been paying $66.95 for Performance 75 Mb and getting about 85 down, 6 up. For $3 more a month I could more than triple my speed! That was a deal I couldn't refuse.

I called Comcast and 10 minutes later, after resetting my modem, I had the 250 Mb service. What I'm actually getting is between 295 and 298 Mb down and 29 to 31 Mb up according to speedtest.net. Nice!

Larry
San Francisco

I got an offer from Comcast in the mail offering 250 Mb download internet for $69.99 for 24 months. I've been paying $66.95 for Performance 75 Mb and getting about 85 down, 6 up. For $3 more a month I could more than triple my speed! That was a deal I couldn't refuse.

I called Comcast and 10 minutes later, after resetting my modem, I had the 250 Mb service. What I'm actually getting is between 295 and 298 Mb down and 29 to 31 Mb up according to speedtest.net. Nice!

Larry
San Francisco

Hey Larry,

Do you know if this internet special offer is only available in San Francisco or is it the whole entire bay area? I live in the North Bay. Let me know thanks

Hey Larry,

Do you know if this internet special offer is only available in San Francisco or is it the whole entire bay area? I live in the North Bay. Let me know thanks
Sorry, I have no idea where the special is available. I got the offer in the mail from Xfinity. You could call and ask. The number they said to call is 1-877-342-6469. The feature is called "Extreme 250 Internet".

Dang. I'm in Salt Lake City looking at the Comcast page. 250 Mbps is available to me at 149.95 a month. I'd jump all over the $69.99 price. I'm Internet only with Comcast so I'm not sure I could get the offer

Thats not what Im paying. I currently am paying $49.95 a month for the performance starter package at 6 mbps. The comcast website when I looged in said I could order the 250 mbps service but the price would be 149.95 a month. The person I chatted with didnt know the 250 mbps deal.

Claude - can you check to see if I am eligible?
Larry- just curious which modem you have? I think for 250 mbps I would need to upgrade my modem according to comcasts modem list...

Thats not what Im paying. I currently am paying $49.95 a month for the performance starter package at 6 mbps.
Larry- just curious which modem you have? I think for 250 mbps I would need to upgrade my modem according to comcasts modem list...
I just re-read your previous post... I see that you were just quoted that $149 price. Call the number I gave above. The CS agent I got knew all about the deal for $69.

I have the newest modem available (a rental), the Cisco XB3 with the 2.4 and 5 GHz outputs and open Xfinity Wifi.

I called the number and also talked to Claude. I can get the 250 Mbps for 69 but I will need to purchase a new modem. My current one is not fast enough.

I called the number and also talked to Claude. I can get the 250 Mbps for 69 but I will need to purchase a new modem. My current one is not fast enough.
Modems don't take long to cost justify if you can double your speed. The Surfboard 6141 goes for right around $80 and is compatible with most cable systems. Depending on the rental fee, the payoff could be less than two years.

Here's Comcast's list of certified modems:

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

I don't have a problem with cost. I'm finding there is some confusion with what works with 250 Xtreme. I was going to go with the 6141, however it was not listed for the 250 service when I looked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)