Spell check in-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Paws

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
NE connecticut
Spell check seems to work in Q-reply ok but in advanced niether the icon nor the spell check button will bring it up. The icon and button flash when hit but nada.
The other day when I first signed up, the spell check window would flash up on screen and then minimize. I had to hit expand/maximize to use it but a least it was there. today not even that.

TNX
Bear!

Spell check seems to work in Q-reply ok but in advanced niether the icon nor the spell check button will bring it up. The icon and button flash when hit but nada.
The other day when I first signed up, the spell check window would flash up on screen and then minimize. I had to hit expand/maximize to use it but a least it was there. today not even that.

TNX
Bear!
I am working on it now. :)

If you try it and get a database error dont worry, its just me working on it and you did not break anything. :)

Now the spell check box appears but so does the "OK" window inside the SC window and if I OK or X it, the whole thing goes away.POOOF. I'm on SG classic.

I dont get what your saying...

I am also in classic mode and using it in IE and also Firefox with no issues.

I misspell something click on the
spelling.gif
icon. A box comes up with my words on it and finds the words spelled incorectly. I make changes as needed. A box pops up which says Spell Check Complete. I click OK in it and both boxes go away (and my spelling is now correct in the message window)

I have tried this in quick reply, pm, and advanced mode and all is good.

If its not working for you still please post detailed steps of what your doing (are you using the quick edit box... clicking on go advanced... clicking on post reply... etc)

Miss pell someting cick on icon, ditto, box comes up with words on it but also box inside of box with "spell check complete", OK. X comes up with the big box.
No misspelled word in the correction box nor highlighted. try to get rid of "Complete" box and everything [related to spell check] goes away as if it where correct but its not, The text is still misspelled.
Tried on quick and advanced, not edit, acts the same.

Trying it again know and
dang seems to work only in advanced but will not highlifght "miss pell" 'someting' gives me bezzare choices and "cick" wants to be "sick".

Its more creative than I am.:)

Last edited:
testing- Hmmmm?

Testing, testeng, testin, testicles, testicals testicos tasticos tuosticuis

Only testeng is flagged.

Help!

Hey no using the word testicals here, I am going to have to give you a demarit. Oh wait wrong site. :)

If you see words its missing use the add feature. :)

"If you see words its missing use the add feature. "

Well that won't work for Bear. ;) It will be an inconvenience for me. Too bad this spell checker has such a limited vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts