Spell Checking not Working for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big D

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Title says it all, the spell checking is not working for me. All I get is an empty phpSpell window. Anyone else with the problem?

Works fine for me (Win2K, IE 6). The "problem" that I'm seeing is the "list of users browsing" the forum sometimes lists me and other times does NOT list me.... So, there's probably a bug somewhere... This is new software so there'll probably a time of shaking out the roaches! :)

The list is updated every 5 minutes, so you could be on but the list has not been updated yet. :)

If spell check is not working for you I suggest clearing your cache, it seems to fix wierd problems like this. :)

The spell checker is working fine here.

Also make sure your browser supoprts Java. :)

I am using a Mac with Safari 1.0 as the browser (which is supported by the phpSpell software it says) and it is a no go. It does work using IE as the browser though, so it is something with Safari, not the Mac. No big deal, but it is something to keep in mind.

If you have a pop-up blocker active that could be what is stopping it. I have that problem on several boards with spell checkers (not here though).

Bill R said:
If you have a pop-up blocker active that could be what is stopping it. I have that problem on several boards with spell checkers (not here though).

Tried that, that is not the problem. Safari just came out with a new Java version, maybe that broke it.

Scott, can you check with the php folks and see what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts