Spike-hd

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2006
NC
DISH's timing has always sucked ex. SciFi-HD being added after BSG season started.
So my guess is we will get SPIKE-HD next week after the TUF finale Saturday. But more than likely they won't add it until after the Fight Night on 7/19 that the UFC is throwing together to counter the Fedor vs Sylvia Affliction PPV. :mad:

Actually, I am hoping to get it before September 17. On that night TUF season 8 begins, and the UFC sill have another free fight night as the lead in.

Since SPIKE has started running the UFC in HD, the SD feed sucks. I now have the black bars in the top and bottom, because it was made for HD. i am hesitant that DISH will pick up Spike HD anytime soon because I see DTV as one of the sponsors of the show. If DIsh does not get Spike in HD soon, it is worth me paying the $13/month cancellation fee and signing with DTV. I am a huge MMA fan and I order all of the UFC fights in HD for $55. What is another $13 to enjoy my favorite sport. Secondly, it is a slap in the face to get the minor league WEC on VS, but not the UFC which has a larger fan base. I will say that the 145 pound division in the WEC is filled with quality talent.

It is nice to see more folks voice their need for SPIKE HD. For months all I saw was a cry for SCI-FI and monsters HD. I think there are more MMA fans out there, but that demographic does not come to this site.

UFC Fight Night 15
Date: Sep 17, 2008
Venue: Omaha Civic Auditorium
Broadcast: Spike TV

* Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida
* Houston Alexander vs. Eric Schafer
* Nate Diaz vs. Josh Neer
* Alan Belcher vs. Ed Herman

Actually, I am hoping to get it before September 17. On that night TUF season 8 begins, and the UFC sill have another free fight night as the lead in.

Since SPIKE has started running the UFC in HD, the SD feed sucks. I now have the black bars in the top and bottom, because it was made for HD. i am hesitant that DISH will pick up Spike HD anytime soon because I see DTV as one of the sponsors of the show. If DIsh does not get Spike in HD soon, it is worth me paying the $13/month cancellation fee and signing with DTV. I am a huge MMA fan and I order all of the UFC fights in HD for $55. What is another $13 to enjoy my favorite sport. Secondly, it is a slap in the face to get the minor league WEC on VS, but not the UFC which has a larger fan base. I will say that the 145 pound division in the WEC is filled with quality talent.

It is nice to see more folks voice their need for SPIKE HD. For months all I saw was a cry for SCI-FI and monsters HD. I think there are more MMA fans out there, but that demographic does not come to this site.

UFC Fight Night 15

Oh yea!! Thank you for the head's up! I am a MMA fan and i have D*!!!:hungry:

Yeahh there timing most likely sucks. I only greatly appreciated there timing once and that was when they added my Buffalo Locals (NBC) around 3 hours before Game 3 of the Stanley cup finals.... ahh I was a pimp that night :cool:

I just want to get Spike TV HD before the new version of "Unsolved Mysteries" starts in October. (assuming of course it is even broadcast in HD)

Greatest show ever made.. other than perhaps Seinfeld and The British version of Whose line is it anyway?

UFC Fight Night 15

I am also a huge MMA fan and wish Spike was in HD!! I do enjoy the WEC on Vs. and all the great MMA on HDNET. Hopefully you are watching or DVRing Inside MMA on HDNET. What a great show for the sport. Bas cracks me up...

Fingers crossed for Spike in HD and a Couture vs. Fedor fight in the near future!!

I watch Inside MMA every Friday, and I think Dish will get Spike HD before the Fedor/Couture fight. However, i am willing to PPV to watch Fedor/silvia on july 19, and I am going to wait until the next season of TUF before I cancel Dish and move to DTV.

$13/month cancellation fee is a bargain to get Spike in HD plus Dish still does not have my local NBC affiliate in HD either. Time Warner, Direct TV, and AT&T Uverse all have had NBC in HD for about 2 years. Sunday night football will be starting at the same time and I am not going another season with SD football.

Dana thought that by giving a free fight night on spike that it would prevent us from wathing Fedor/Silvia, but I can still DVR the Anderson silva fight. I am anxious to see how he does at 205 pounds. I think he has the skills to win his fight in that class, but he will be a small fighter in that weight class.

I used the zoom feature on my 622 on TUF from Wednesday, to do my own personla "stretch o vision", and to be honest, the picture quality wasnt too bad, wasnt HD, but it was very enjoyable to have a full screen in decent aspect ratio.

I am confuse with some of these post.
Fedor vs Couture will happen sometime, but it won't be on SPIKE.
So when it does, we will be able to watch in HD even if we still don't have SPIKE-HD.

Plus who really is going to want to watch it after Sylvia beats Fedor. :D

I didn't explain things very well. I meant that Dish will get Spike in HD before the Fedor/Couture fight because the Fedor/Couture fight will probably not happen. If Randy would have just completed his final two fights by now, we could be watching that fight on july 19, but instead we are stuck with Sylvia.

Randy is going to get tied up in the courts, and given his age his days are literally numbered and running out.

If MMA looks half as nice as boxing in HD... I will be in Heaven.

I like MMA but boxing will always be my first love. My first HD boxing match blew me away.

While there was that big to-do 4 years ago, is Dish's relationship with Viacom/MTV Nets that bad of late? They aren't in a lawsuit, which is better than the Fox and Rainbow right now.

dish is not known to care about certain events to turn on a channel except when they did it with TBS for the MLB playoffs.

Any Updates

Anyone have any updates in the feud with Viacom? Next season of TUF starts in a week and wonder if there is any chance anytime soon....

It was announced on the Charlie chat that Dish would have the Viacom channels up by the end of the year...But no exact time frame..