Split screen with one receiver

Simonsdrift

Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
My friend just got a new 53 inch rear projection tv I was trying to get it to work in the split screen mode it works find with the Dish receiver and the DVD player but it doesn't work at all with just the dish reciever I told him it was because the receiver has only one output. His receiver is the one that he can hook up two tv's to it i forgot what number it is,
if he can hook up two tv's can he unhook one tv and hook that output to his tv to one of the video inputs and then use the split screen ??? I realize this may be an old topic but i would like to help this guy out thanks

Last edited:
you are not talking about PIP here i assume but true "split screen" using the TV. PIP can be achieved via the receiver remote, but the receiver has to be in "single mode" i believe.
If you set the receiver in Dual Mode i would expect you to be able to do what you want. BUT TV2 is no HD it's SD so you will not get HD split screen. Never tried it so cant say for sure though.

Yes, but, if the reciever is a 322 then you can use the output1 into one tv input and output2 into another input (I usually use RCA cables for both inputs if possible). The but is you may have to use both remotes to change the correct input channels. If it is a 522 or 625 The single mode works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)