Split single signal to 2 receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mheckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I currently have one receiver (722), but I am purchasing a second (211K) for another room. I have two coaxial lines coming off of the dish, but only one of them is routed into the house; the other stops at a bracket on the outside wall. The house was originally wired for cable TV; thus the single line inside.

Is there any way I can feed both receivers from the one incoming line (i.e., split the signal)? I already tried a simple splitter, which failed miserably. Is there a different type of hardware I need, or am I going to have to fish another coax line through the wall?

LMK of any other info I can provide. I'm not sure of the exact type of LNB I have, but it's new - just installed in August.

Is there any way I can feed both receivers from the one incoming line
no

each receiver needs a dedicated cable form the LNB outside. The 722 might have a "separator" on it that goes form the line to both tuners but only dual tuner units can do this

To add the 211 you need to run a cable from the LNB (out by the dish) to the receiver

For what you want to do, Iceberg is correct. However, just so you know, in your research you may come across a DishPro splitter, but that is to be used between a single or dual DishPro LNBF and a switch. So, don't buy one and install it because a DishPro splitter would not help in your situation.

Thanks, all. I was hoping to avoid digging around in the insulation in my garage attic, but I think that's what I'll have to do to get the second wire in from the outside grounding block.

Update - new receiver only 1 satellite

OK, new receiver connected and activated, but there's a new problem - I only see one bird from the new receiver.

I have a 1000.2 dish with 2 lines coming out of it. The lines go directly to a grounding block on the side of the house, and from there, each line goes into my attic where it connects to the lines feeding my receivers.

So, the connections from dish to receiver appear to be identical, except that the 722 has a separator to feed two tuner inputs.

On my primary receiver (722), the "Check Switch" screen shows:
- Satellites 110, 119, and 129
- Device "1K.2" for each
- Switch "DPP 1K.2 w/separator"

On the new 211K, the screen shows:
- Satellite 110 only
- Device "Feed"
- Switch "DP feed"

Questions:
- Where are my 119 and 129 satellites on the 211?
- Why does the 722 show "DPP 1K.2", but the 211 does not?
- What do I need to get the other two birds on the new receiver?

Thanks.

What he means is unplug the rcvr and plug it back in. Another way is to do a check switch.

Unplugged it once during activation, but I'll try it again.

When you say "check switch", do I need to do the "test" part of it?

Yes you will need to go into the check switch/install summary screen and select test...that will build the information in the 211 of the 1k.2 lnb you have outside and pull in 119 and 129. after that you will need to power off the 211 (not unplug it) to put it in standby for the software to download to the 211 since you were not getting a signal from 119(software comes off that satellite)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)