splitter problems

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
I have a wierd issue.

I have a 722 receiver and an off air antenna that is use 2 splitters to combine the local channels with the output to the "'TV2" it have one splitter in regular and one in back wards to combine the off air to the channel 60 output. About every 2 months or so this set up goes bad my output to tv2 gets all snowy and fuzzy looking. for some reason the splitters go bad. I have tried regal and antronix 2 way splitters and they both go bad.. What gives? The off air antenna is amplified can that have something to do with it? Or do I need a different way to combine the off air to the output. Or just better quality splitters? As always thanks for the input guys and gals!

I have a wierd issue.

I have a 722 receiver and an off air antenna that is use 2 splitters to combine the local channels with the output to the "'TV2" it have one splitter in regular and one in back wards to combine the off air to the channel 60 output. About every 2 months or so this set up goes bad my output to tv2 gets all snowy and fuzzy looking. for some reason the splitters go bad. I have tried regal and antronix 2 way splitters and they both go bad.. What gives? The off air antenna is amplified can that have something to do with it? Or do I need a different way to combine the off air to the output. Or just better quality splitters? As always thanks for the input guys and gals!

Your setup sounds right. You may want to measure to see if there is any DC voltage on the center pin of the coax coming from the TV antenna amplifer. If there is, use a DC block coax adapter to prevent the DC from getting to the splitter.

I've had both a 722 & 622 hooked up with OTA the same way for at least a couple of years and never experienced a problem using cheapo splitters. Very strange.:confused: I'm no tech but I didn't know splitters went bad. I'd suspect the cabling or connectors......Good luck!

Ed

BTW, my antenna is amplified as well.

Last edited:
Your setup sounds right. You may want to measure to see if there is any DC voltage on the center pin of the coax coming from the TV antenna amplifer. If there is, use a DC block coax adapter to prevent the DC from getting to the splitter.

What he said. If you have a power supply feeding the amp. you have dc on the line. A dc block or dc passing splitters should fix you up.

where do I find a DC blocker or dc blocking splitter Any perticular brand name to look for? I will check to see if there is DC voltage on the center of the cable.
Thx.

where do I find a DC blocker or dc blocking splitter Any perticular brand name to look for? I will check to see if there is DC voltage on the center of the cable.
Thx.

Try Sadous. Radio Shack (now "The Shack") did sell a TV/VCR DC block part # 15-1259, but I don't see it on thier website now. Google TV DC Block or 2-Way Splitter DC Block to find these items. Lastly, check ebay for TV DC block.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)