Splitting a Video Signal to 2 TV's In the Same Room?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Hey guys (first post in the Charter thread),

I'm going to have 2 TV's side-by-side (and one HD DVR box that there coming to install on Tues). I was wondering is there is something I could use to split the signal to both TV's (I know I will only be able to watch one ch. at a time).

Thanks - Matthew.

You mentioned HD DVR are both sets HD?
Which type of cables are you going to use from the STB to the displays?
For the non HD signals you can use S on one and composite on the other or you can purchase a distribution amp for the type of cables you will be using.
There are a few options!!

Sorry about that. Both TV's will be HD. I only have one of the the TV's right now. I have to call Charter and find out the brand of the box (AND the hard drive capacity of course (LOL). Forgot to ask when I setup my appt. The TV I have now, has a HDCP Compliant DVI Output.

Thanks for the "there are a few options!!" comment. :D :) I'm glad to now there are options (seriously). The HD DVR box will be mainly used on my upcoming SXRD purchase. Because ONE of the reasons why I'm getting Charter is for HD. When my parents will be watching TV in the living room, where my TV's will be, they can just use the Philips to prevent bulb wear on the SXRD. Besides, I'm pretty sure they won't feel comfortable using the new TV (LOL). Not only that, some of their SD channels they watch are going to look horrible/awful on the big screen.

Thanks for your help rcbridge.

Here's a follow-up to my install. The guy came and didn't install because he said i didn't have the correct wiring. Thanks for listening to this boring "story."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)