splitting D1000.2 line?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SeeJay6969

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I have a crude drawing here. Basically its like this. I have this 1000.2 dish running a single cable to a dual tuner. I do not wont to run another cable to the dish rather just make a single run from a new switch inside if possible to another room to connect a new single tuner receiver. Will this drawing work? Drawing1.jpg

Drawing1.jpg

nope wont work
If you have a switch involved you would need 3 lines from the lnb to the switch

or just run a new cable...much easier :)

Like Iceberg said, switches need one cable per orbital. DPP33 and DP34, three orbitals and DPP44 four orbitals with each orbital having its own cable to the switch. Then one cable from the switch to the receiver for the DPP (Dish Pro Plus) switches and one cable per tuner from the DP34 switch. As he said, the easiest way to add your single tuner receiver would be to run a new cable from the dish to your receiver.

Not only would just running another single line to the other receiver be easier, it would also be cheaper, seeing as the DPP44 runs anywhere from $60 to $100, not to mention all the extra (unnecessary) cabling needed. While you're at it you should run 2 more lines (for a total of 3,) that way you DO have the option for a switch and/or third receiver.

thanks guys for the super quick response. that is what I will do although with the physical setup I have and the limited access to my attic, I would have gladly spent the money on a switch lol. thanks again for the info.. saved me a bunch of time searching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)