Connecting 2 TV's to a VIP211K

bbailey72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Illinois
I have a VIP211K connected to a TV using component cables. I plan on getting a TV for the next room and I'd like to use the receiver for both TV's. Can I use an HDMI cable for the new TV? If not, what will be the best way to do this. Also, is there a way to get a remote for this receiver that would work in either room? thanks

Yep, both HDMI and component are active at the same time. Same program, though. Look for an IR repeater for a "remote" remote.

Another very cool RF/IR extender system is Next Generation. Unlike traditional IR extenders, you don't need an IR base in each room to aim at. It's RF, so it works from anywhere.
Yep, I have one. It's great...except after about three years, the batteries are draining pretty quickly. Have to switch out about once every two weeks.

i second the use of the next generation remote...i've been using them for years and they're awesome...in fact i'm using one on my 211

Several solutions have been posted. Why would you expect Dish to have a multi-room solution for a single receiver? What is your point?

Several solutions have been posted. Why would you expect Dish to have a multi-room solution for a single receiver? What is your point?

The point being, someone from Dish said they have an IR to UHF adapter for $10, just wanted some more info.

That IR/UHF conversion kit won't do anything for you because your 211 isn't UHF. I don't know why DIRT even mentioned it. But I would like to get one myself for my 722 if it's only $10. Last time I checked, it was much more expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts