splitting hd output

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
i have split the hd signal coming out of my 622 and ran an hdmi cable 35 ft to another room. is there anyway to make a 6.0 ir/uhf pro remote work to change the channel without going to the room where the receiver is located ,without adding equiptment?

larryf said:
doesn't work for tv 1.or at least i can't make it work on mine.

Take the battery cover off and look next to the battery, there is a tiny swich that allows you to pick between IR and UHF. Make sure it is switched to UHF. Then do the addressi g steps.

At the reciever press menu menu, (if you have already flipped the switch you are gonnaneed to use the front pannel on he reciever.)

Hold sa. Button till all mode lights flash, release, sat mode button should be flashing, select a number between 1-15, but not the same as tv2 if a dual tuner reciever. Press the # button, then record button.

You should see the number in the box change to another number and no say IR next to it.

Take the battery cover off and look next to the battery, there is a tiny swich that allows you to pick between IR and UHF. Make sure it is switched to UHF. Then do the addressi g steps.

At the reciever press menu menu, (if you have already flipped the switch you are gonnaneed to use the front pannel on he reciever.)

Hold sa. Button till all mode lights flash, release, sat mode button should be flashing, select a number between 1-15, but not the same as tv2 if a dual tuner reciever. Press the # button, then record button.

You should see the number in the box change to another number and no say IR next to it.

to clarify, i am trying to change the station that is hd from another room with a6.0 or 6.3 remote that is made to change the output for tv2. the 6.0 has no switch in the battery compartment, but the 6.3 has one that switches between a &b. will either one of these change tv 1, or do i need to buy a 21.0 to do this. i would smiply like to be able to change the channel on the tv in another room that i am sending the split hd signal to without having to go to the room where the receiver in located. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I"ve done this (use a spare UHF Pro remote for TV1) on a 625 and now on my 722 without a problem. I think Brisak's directions should have worked. Where exactly did you go wrong when trying that? Note that both 625 and 722 ship with the remote channel number on both TV outputs set to 1. The only thing that makes the remotes work the right TV is the TV1 remote is IR-only, and the TV2 remote is UHF-only. So... Make sure you pick a number for TV1 other than 1, or it won't "stick".

larryf said:
to clarify, i am trying to change the station that is hd from another room with a6.0 or 6.3 remote that is made to change the output for tv2. the 6.0 has no switch in the battery compartment, but the 6.3 has one that switches between a &b. will either one of these change tv 1, or do i need to buy a 21.0 to do this. i would smiply like to be able to change the channel on the tv in another room that i am sending the split hd signal to without having to go to the room where the receiver in located. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Sorry, i was thinking of the 21 remote. My appologies.

I"ve done this (use a spare UHF Pro remote for TV1) on a 625 and now on my 722 without a problem. I think Brisak's directions should have worked. Where exactly did you go wrong when trying that? Note that both 625 and 722 ship with the remote channel number on both TV outputs set to 1. The only thing that makes the remotes work the right TV is the TV1 remote is IR-only, and the TV2 remote is UHF-only. So... Make sure you pick a number for TV1 other than 1, or it won't "stick".
been busy, but finally found time to work on this, and finally got it to work. problem was getting switch that is changed by switching green/blue tab to the right position. had to modify a green tab to make it work. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts