splitting signal - home distribution help...

cybergal

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
Now that I only have one receiver with a dual tuner... I want to share
it with the other rooms.

I have checked everything but the attick.
I checked the box outside the house the cables from the dish are plugged in to the cables there.. no splitter or anything.

The 322 receiver is in the family room and it feeds the master bedroom.
I would like it to feed the other rooms on both tuners.

I know I can share the tuner signals.. I have read the manual several times; I have tried doing what they say but it doesn;t work.

In the family room:

The cable comes from the wall, and then it has a blue DPD2 (diplexer?)plugged in to it. At the top, it says in/out that is where the house cable is plugged in to it, and at the bottom it says uhf/sat . the rg6 cable plugged in to the uhf thing is connected to the tv connector in the back of the receiver. the rg cable that is comming from the sat connection is now going to another "splitter" that is going to the sat 1 and sat 2 connections on the box.

the spare bedrooms

the cables are comming from the wall to a splitter that says sat1 and sat 2
and then there is another cable that is plugged in to second tv input on box.

I don't k now if the satellite guy did anything in the attick, if he put in a switch or something like that.. but I tried to connect the cables inthe wall to the 3rd tv.. to see if I got a signal, I put tv on channel 27 air and nothing.

I have searched the forum for instructions.. and I think I have read all messages but I am very confused... perhaps there should be a message posted for newbies on what to do, since everyone is always asking the same thing... just a suggestion.

So, how can I use my home wiring for this? The manual says to use a backwards splitter.. I tried.. I don't know if I did it wrong.. or if I just don't understand... I would appreciate any suggestions

somewhere between the dish and the diplexor behind the receiver is another diplexor. that one splits the picture for tv2 back out of the cable and feeds it to the secondary tv. you can put a splitter on the line between that diplexor and tv2. good luck!