Splitting the HDMI signal and sending it to three romms

Dennis Brown

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I have a Directv HDDVR in my exercise room. the signal is split using a Monoprice powered two output HDMI Switcher/Splitter. The other HDMI cable was pulled to a bedroom location. I would like to split the signal again and pull another HDMI cable to a kitchen location. I checked Monoprice and I couldn't find a switcher/splitter that would do this. I assume I need a device that would have one input and at least three outputs. Any advice?

Thanks,
Dennis

Thanks Pepper. After I posted my question on this forum I chatted on line with one of the techs at Monoprice. He suggested that I purchase item # 5704 when it is available (It is currently out of stock). I wonder why he didn't suggest the #6192. Do you know what's the difference between the two.

I chatted with the Monoprice tech again this morning. My proposed HDMI cable run to a third room is 60'. The tech says that neither the #6192 or the #5704 will work. He didn't say why. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I chatted with the Monoprice tech again this morning. My proposed HDMI cable run to a third room is 60'. The tech says that neither the #6192 or the #5704 will work. He didn't say why. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Use the 4-way powered splitter and on the long run, use a cat 6 HDMI extender like item # 8121. That should work.

HTH.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

John:
I'm a little confused about how to wire the Cat 6 HDMI extender (Monoprice # 8121). It appears that one of the extenders is plugged into the 4-way powered splitter and the other into the remote Tv. It appears to require two runs of Cat 6 or 5e cable. I need a 60' run. Monoprice has a 75' run. Is this close enough.

Have I described the installation procedure correctly?

Thanks,

Dennis

Exactly. One cable carries DDC (Display Data Channel) and the other carries RGB.

As far as cabling goes, it's fine to have some excess assuming you have somewhere to put it.

I would check places like Amazon or Firefold for some closer to required length cables.

Regards,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

which splitter would be recommended to transmit a satellite signal wirelessly to a tv upstairs. the rooms are basically over the top of each other. would I need a powered splitter to accomplish this?

I bought an hdmi distribution box, 1x4. I could not get it to pass audio over hdmi.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had this problem for a bit too. Turns out I needed to have both TVs on before I turned the AV receiver that was outputting the signal to them if I wanted audio on both. If I just wanted audio on one then only that one had to be on before I turned on the AV Receiver. Some sort of handshake issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts