Splitting TV1 on a VIP722k?

Plumcrazy10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
10,000 Lakes
Can I split the signal for TV1 on my VIP722k to another tv in another room and if so, how do I do it? Currently my 722 is hooked up to my main tv via HDMI and TV2 goes to my bedroom tv. I want to hook up another bedroom tv to share TV1 output but how do I get the signal there?

All outputs are active all the time. You can run one TV with HDMI, the other with component & audio cables.

Or you could try an HDMI splitter, but I understand results are mixed.

This is assuming both TVs are HDTVs.

Can I split the signal for TV1 on my VIP722k to another tv in another room and if so, how do I do it? Currently my 722 is hooked up to my main tv via HDMI and TV2 goes to my bedroom tv. I want to hook up another bedroom tv to share TV1 output but how do I get the signal there?
On your 722k, TV1 is already available on the Coax carrying TV2. Both are SD, of course, and are on different channels.

Also, one of the optional OTA two outputs is available on each of those two channels.

You'd simply need a splitter on the Coax going to TV2 and run the second output coax to your other bedroom's TV.

You'd simply need a splitter on the Coax going to TV2 and run the second output coax to your other bedroom's TV.

isn't this for TV2? If I split this one wouldn't both these tv's watch the same program? I am trying to split TV1 so when my main tv is not on, I can watch something on the tv I'm going to hook up and also let my daughter watch what she wants in her room which is currently connected via coax off of TV2.

isn't this for TV2? If I split this one wouldn't both these tv's watch the same program? I am trying to split TV1 so when my main tv is not on, I can watch something on the tv I'm going to hook up and also let my daughter watch what she wants in her room which is currently connected via coax off of TV2.
The coax output that you are thinking is TV2 actually has BOTH TV2 and TV1 on it. Get that coax going to both of the bedrooms. You'll be able to watch either TV1 or TV2 in each of the bedrooms.

The coax output that you are thinking is TV2 actually has BOTH TV2 and TV1 on it. Get that coax going to both of the bedrooms. You'll be able to watch either TV1 or TV2 in each of the bedrooms.

OK, I'll give it a try. Will I need a uhf remote for that room? Will the uhf remote work with tv1?

You might go to your manual and read up in Chapter 12 about Home Distribution.

Are you saying that by connecting the RF/coax out to a 2nd TV I am able to watch either the content of TV1 or TV2 depending on whether I tune to channel 3 or 4? If so that is great!

If I split the coax out signal via a splitter to all the TV's in my house, can the receiver be controlled by 4 different remotes? I understand that at any given time I will only be able to watch 2 different channels anywhere in the house.

Are you saying that by connecting the RF/coax out to a 2nd TV I am able to watch either the content of TV1 or TV2 depending on whether I tune to channel 3 or 4? If so that is great!

If I split the coax out signal via a splitter to all the TV's in my house, can the receiver be controlled by 4 different remotes? I understand that at any given time I will only be able to watch 2 different channels anywhere in the house.

Yes to all except I don't think Ch3 or Ch4 are within the allowed channels range. I think the allowed range to choose the channels is higher...

The RF output has both TV1 output and TV2 output in the signal.

There are two RF modulators, one for each output that feed into the agile modulator output.

You can tune the channel (OTA or cable) that each output uses so as to avoid ota channels in your DMA.

Okay but why does the coax output have the 'TV1' symbol next to it? I thought TV2 had a coax output but according to this image TV2 only has composite/RCA out. Can someone clarify?
Yeah, you're looking at the wrong coax output. :rolleyes:

How did you get a 722k?

Off topic, but can you tell me how you got a 722k? I have been a Dish Network customer for over 13 years, recently called to upgrade to a 722k and was told that noone at Dish can commit to delivery of a specific machine. The reason I want a 722k is to add the 2 tuner OTA box so that I can record using the guide and Dish DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)