Splitting TV1 on a VIP722k?

Someone explain to me how I can split TV 1 using tv2... I currently have a splitter that shares two TV2's, but I rather have that other TV sharing with TV1 ... How can I do this with the current coax cable I've got running to that other TV. I've been wanting to run a HDMI cable back to that other room and split it with TV1, but if I can use the coax...Please give me good instructions.

?Thanks.

If I remember correctly there are 2 channels the VIP722k sends out an analog feed to. I believe it was channel 73 that outputs the tuner 2 feed & I cannot recall what channel (maybe 76) that feeds out tuner 1 on the 2nd TV. Check your settings to see what analog channels are set to feed out tuners 1 & 2

Someone explain to me how I can split TV 1 using tv2... I currently have a splitter that shares two TV2's, but I rather have that other TV sharing with TV1 ... How can I do this with the current coax cable I've got running to that other TV. I've been wanting to run a HDMI cable back to that other room and split it with TV1, but if I can use the coax...Please give me good instructions.

?Thanks.

At the reciever location go to the modulator settings.....

Menu, 6 (system set up), 1 (installation), 5 (modulator setup).

Check the left side of the screen you will have TV 1 modulation. Make sure it either says air or cable, not off. Make sure you match the modulation type of tv2. Set the TV you want to mirror TV 1 at whatever the TV 1 modulation says.

Save all settings on reciever. Go check the TV.

Thanks for all your help guys, but since it's been a year since I've even looked at my DVR..I only have the Vip722, and not the "K" :) . I was wondering why this was sounding way to easy to do. Any suggestions an easy way with the 722?

The 722 has two output NTSC RF channels, which are selectable.
Follow Dishman's directions. There is only 1 (high) power RF output.
It can be split to multiple TVs and so each can select TV1 or TV2.
Set Dual mode unless you insist on PIP.
-Ken

God bless your soul Dishman! I finally have a working TV1 in my office with a working remote. I've spent the last year having to watch girly crap on TV2 because my wife records so much on that TV. I feel like I've been freed from the death penalty of the Lifetime channel.

?Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts