Spontaneous reboots....? Original Hopper

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
I had an interesting occurrence yesterday, both my Hoppers has instances of spontaneous rebooting. They did not simultaneously reboot and that's what peaked my interests.
We had a pretty good rain storm yesterday in Northern California. Hopper #1 rebooted and I chalked it up to weather, but did take note that Hopper #2 did not reboot during the same downpour. This happened several times with Hopper #1 resuming normal function after dark while Hopper #2 had issues late into the night. Symptoms were, freeze... reboot, extreme pixilation... reboot, black screen... reboot.... So far today no issues..In the past with weather Hopper signal is lost but I don't remember all this reboot stuff.....?
Any ideas?

Last edited:
I had an interesting occurrence yesterday, both my Hoppers has instances of spontaneous rebooting. They did not simultaneously reboot and that's what peaked my interests.
We had a pretty good rain storm yesterday in Northern California. Hopper #1 rebooted and I chalked it up top weather, but did take note that Hopper #2 did not reboot during the same downpour. This happened several times with Hopper #1 resuming normal function after dark while Hopper #2 had issues late into the night. Symptoms were, freeze... reboot, extreme pixilation... reboot, black screen... reboot.... So far today no issues..In the past with weather Hopper signal is lost but I don't remember all this reboot stuff.....?
Any ideas?
I had a one second drop in power here in Santa Rosa during one part of the storm but have UPS's for all my electronics including the Hoppers so everything stayed up and happily running.
If you don't have a UPS for your Hoppers, perhaps there was just enough glitch or glitches in your power to cause your problems.

Nice rain BTW, total of 8.5 inches this week. (Thank you, rain gods, keep it coming!)

I had a one second drop in power here in Santa Rosa during one part of the storm but have UPS's for all my electronics including the Hoppers so everything stayed up and happily running.
If you don't have a UPS for your Hoppers, perhaps there was just enough glitch or glitches in your power to cause your problems.

Nice rain BTW, total of 8.5 inches this week. (Thank you, rain gods, keep it coming!)
Could have been......6 inches of rain in 48 hours here in Willits......bring it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)