Sports could improve.... temendously!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Penny

Original poster
May 5, 2007
Sports could improve.... tremendously!!

Here's a thought. How about the people are allowed to watch Hockey on TV, just like they can watch basketball, baseball, football, poker, auto racing , and damn near any other ignorance-encouraging past time and crappy thug-populated sport? Today, the NJ Devils are playing the Ottawa Senators, and if they do not win, the Devils go home. Hockey's highest paid is paid about $7.7Million, a lot to me but not to MLB, NFL or NBA players. Hockey is on my DishTV, yes, but not in HD, which I pay a premium for. I am sooooo angry about the manner in which hockey is ignored. Huge numbers of fans go to hockey games. They are packed to the rafters with happy, cheering people. But in order to see it during regular season play you must pay a couple hundred bucks. If the same money, time, PR and energy were applied to hockey as it is to basketball, it would be a much better world, IMO. At any rate, VS is the only option, besides the rare NBC showing, and they are so not reliable! Dish TV, and the TV networks, get a clue about Hockey, please!!! And don't get me started about the lack of HD programming. I thought I'd hit a jackpot when I first saw "TreasuresHD" only to find repeat after repeat, with no new programing. At least Hockey games aren't repeated endlessly, like NFL games. Boring!

Last edited:
Here's a thought. How about the people are allowed to watch Hockey on TV, just like they can watch basketball, baseball, football, poker, auto racing , and damn near any other ignorance-encouraging past time and crappy thug-populated sport? Today, the NJ Devils are playing the Ottawa Senators, and if they do not win, the Devils go home. Their highest paid athete is paid about $7.7Million, a lot to me but not to MLB, NFL or NBA players.Hockey is on my DishTV, yes, but not in HD, which I pay a premium for. I am sooooo angry about the manner in which hockey is ignored. Huge numbers of fans go to hockey games. They are packed to the rafters with happy, cheering people. But in order to see it during regular season play you must pay a couple hundred bucks. If the money, time, PR and energy were applied to hockey as it is to basketball, it would be a much better world, IMO. At any rate, VS is the only option, and they are so not releiable! Dish TV, and the TV networks, get a clue about Hockey, please!!!

:welcome @party I'm sure more people will chime in with regards to your 1st post...but, welcome nonetheless

You can only real blame the NHL players and owners and marketing and the fans for the lack of distribution. After that missing season, a lot of interest was lost. It seems the excitement is coming back but hockey did the damage to itself.

I actually like hockey and would to see more in HD but if the advertisers don't support it they are not going to put it out there. Basketball and Football makes billions. That's why their stars sign multi-million dollar contracts.

Here's a thought. How about the people are allowed to watch Hockey on TV, just like they can watch basketball, baseball, football, poker, auto racing , and damn near any other ignorance-encouraging past time and crappy thug-populated sport? Today, the NJ Devils are playing the Ottawa Senators, and if they do not win, the Devils go home. Hockey's highest paid is paid about $7.7Million, a lot to me but not to MLB, NFL or NBA players. Hockey is on my DishTV, yes, but not in HD, which I pay a premium for. I am sooooo angry about the manner in which hockey is ignored. Huge numbers of fans go to hockey games. They are packed to the rafters with happy, cheering people. But in order to see it during regular season play you must pay a couple hundred bucks. If the same money, time, PR and energy were applied to hockey as it is to basketball, it would be a much better world, IMO. At any rate, VS is the only option, besides the rare NBC showing, and they are so not reliable! Dish TV, and the TV networks, get a clue about Hockey, please!!! And don't get me started about the lack of HD programming. I thought I'd hit a jackpot when I first saw "TreasuresHD" only to find repeat after repeat, with no new programing. At least Hockey games aren't repeated endlessly, like NFL games. Boring!

Don't blame Dish and for that matter DirecTV or any of the major networks for lack of hockey games.

You can thank that freaking idiotic commisioner of the NHL who has ran the sport into the ground (or should I say he has run "marketing" of the sport into the ground).

The NHL needed ESPN. ESPN didn't need the NHL!!!

Check out the ratings... they might tell you a different story on whether they need to be in HD or not, especially on a national scale.

Don't blame Dish and for that matter DirecTV or any of the major networks for lack of hockey games.

You can thank that freaking idiotic commisioner of the NHL who has ran the sport into the ground (or should I say he has run "marketing" of the sport into the ground).

The NHL needed ESPN. ESPN didn't need the NHL!!!

Got that right.....The commish has shafted (no pun intended) the NHL with the Versus contract. More households had access to ESPN as opposed to Versus.

Hockey though a great sport to watch is for all intents and purposes still a niche sport and a regional sport that the majority of sports fans dont watch. Since moving to the south I have as yet to hear mention from any sports fans that I work with bring up hockey at all and I havent seen it in my local paper in the sports section. I guess that there are other reasons as stated above but this should be taken into consideration as well.

Yeah I think there are some games on HDNET. But the strike the NHL had did not help things either.

Personally, I would threaten to shut off Dish if they wasted any more space on Hockey... But that is just me.. One man's treasure is another man's garbage. But then I don't want basketball either... Just give me NCAA Football... And the Braves..:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)