Sports Pack confusion

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
What channels would I get in the Multi-sports pack? I checked on E*'s website and I assume I wouldn't get all the RSNs. I'm in the SF bay area, and have HD gold 250.

You'd get them all in SD, but a lot of stuff is blacked out. You'll also get this new NFL channel they've been pushing. Finally, I think you'd get the SD version of NHL Network.

You would get all of the RSNs with the Multi-Sports pack. Major League sports are blacked out except in your home region. HD sports are not full time stations but you will get many, many college events in HD. SD sports are full time.

MultiSports Package - From DISH Network

ML sports blacked out except in our home region? So if the SOX vs Jays (I'm a Jays fan) was on NESN, I couldn't watch?

ML sports blacked out except in our home region? So if the SOX vs Jays (I'm a Jays fan) was on NESN, I couldn't watch?

That is correct. As a Bay Area resident, you can only watch Bay Area pro teams on CSNBA or CSNCA. You should get these already as a subscriber.

So if you're a MLB fan, there's no point getting this?

I would guess that would be something you'd have to debate yourself. I actually wound up getting another team I didn't even know I was in the area for (Reds) by subscribing to the Multi-Sport package. I also enjoy the college football and, for me, I have found that NHL Network, NBA TV, Big Ten Network, FSN Arizona (Wildcats), and FSN Northwest (Beavers) has been very valuable. In fact, alone they are worth every bit of the price for me. The NHL replays (for me at least) have been in the clear. As a Maple Leafs fan, that is really cool and you'll get the Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts.

However, you are curious about MLB, so here goes... I'm also a Jays fan and the only way I could be satisfied completely would be Extra Innings or MLB.TV (and, realistically, I wouldn't be too thrilled with MLB.TV). It is worth mentioning that sometimes MLB games go over the 3 hour blackout period and you catch the ending of the games. However, it has been my experience that this doesn't occur often (unless a game is delayed by rain, etc). You'll have to weigh the pros-and-cons. For me, it is worth $5 / month. With that being said, though, I'm a fan of all sports except soccer. If I were mainly an MLB fan (or only an MLB fan), the package wouldn't work for me. Didn't mean to write a novel and I hope I have at least been of some assistance.

Cade

So if you're a MLB fan, there's no point getting this?

I think the mulit sport pack is great if you're a baseball fan. I'm a big Orioles fan who lives in Alabama. I get to watch at least the last inning of almost every game. Lately I've been watching the 7th inning on. The O's always play long games. For $5.99 it's a good way to catch the end of games that run over the time alotment and the post game shows.

signal from 77 sat

Sept. 12- Mississippi St. vs. Auburn in hd on Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)