sports pack?

Games may be blacked out, especially those being telecast by ESPN or say, SEC on CBS. Other than that, "Think Blue!"

You'd be better off with ESPN FullCourt. Perhaps one or two games get on FSN-Cincinnati, otherwise the UK games are on locals (Big Blue Network, Raycom, or CBS). Any SEC games that get on FSN will probably be blacked out.

SEC games are almost certainly going to be blacked out if your service address is outside the southeast. ACC and SEC broadcasts are really the only place I think that Full Court is a better value than the sports pack for college sports if you're out of market.

hey guys i know direct tv has a sports pack that includes all of the regional sports networks.
Does dish have one also?
thanks
Keep in mind that the HD RSNs on Dish are not full time like they are on Direct. You may not get as collegiate games in HD due to the fact that they can only turn on so many HD fees at one time.

Keep in mind that the HD RSNs on Dish are not full time like they are on Direct. You may not get as collegiate games in HD due to the fact that they can only turn on so many HD fees at one time.

Don't lie to him DK. They are'nt fulltime on D* either. You basically get most of the content blacked out and can only watch certain content on a PPV seasonal basis is you are out of market. But you do get your local RSN fulltime on a regional basis, which is a good thing.

Now that you got your 2cents in DK, let's not turn another legitimate E* thread into the same old bogus sportsfan bravado that we've gotten used to hearing around here from 'the usual cast of characters', ok? ;)

Don't lie to him DK. They are'nt fulltime on D* either. You basically get most of the content blacked out and can only watch certain content on a PPV seasonal basis is you are out of market. But you do get your local RSN fulltime on a regional basis, which is a good thing.
They ARE a full time broadcasted HD station. Whether things are blacked out (which can be avoided BTW) or content being shown is in HD that is a different issue all together (that was not what I was discussing). The FACT remains that the in market HD RSNs and out of market HD RSNs have their own full time channel as opposed to Dish. That was the only point of my comment.

I was trying to give the guy accurate info, so please stop misleading him. I did not mean for this to be another, "Does it count as a full time station" argument.
Now that you got your 2cents in DK, let's not turn another legitimate E* thread into the same old bogus sportsfan bravado that we've gotten used to hearing around here from 'the usual cast of characters', ok? ;)
It wasn't until you chimed in. Nowhere did I discuss or mean to discuss the theory of full time national status.

They ARE a full time broadcasted HD station. Whether things are blacked out (which can be avoided BTW) or content being shown is in HD that is a different issue all together (that was not what I was discussing). The FACT remains that the in market HD RSNs and out of market HD RSNs have their own full time channel as opposed to Dish. That was the only point of my comment.

I was trying to give the guy accurate info, so please stop misleading him. I did not mean for this to be another, "Does it count as a full time station" argument.
It wasn't until you chimed in. Nowhere did I discuss or mean to discuss the theory of full time national status.

But you were not giving him accurate info. You gave your opinion as a fact, an opinion which (debatably) is not true.

You lied to the OP.

Not trying prove you wrong again, just trying to point out where you may be convoluting the discussion with your 'glorious D*' rapture. Feel free to ignore this thread if you feel I'm being way to critical. There are legitimate topics to discuss.

But you were not giving him accurate info. You gave your opinion as a fact, an opinion which (debatably) is not true.

You lied to the OP.

Not trying prove you wrong again, just trying to point out where you may be convoluting the discussion with your 'glorious D*' rapture. Feel free to ignore this thread if you feel I'm being way to critical. There are legitimate topics to discuss.
No. I stated a fact about the channels and in reference to collegiate sports as well. I did not lie

To the OP (All4jo),

Just for clarity, what I meant is the the RSNs themselves are on permanent HD channels. There are blacked out events per league rules. Blackouts can be avoided in many sports on both Direct and Dish.

I did not want to turn your thread into a stupid argument about semantics or ones own definition of full-time. If you have any questions about sports packages, please pm me or a MOD and I guarantee you I and they will give you accurate information (just as I did with my first post).

DK

Last edited:
It is what I said it is...deal with it.

Believing a well-crafted D* sales-pitch won't change that.

Better to not post and accept fate, than too post and not accept reality. A step up to my level might do some people some good...

You see, DK's claim here is that he thinks that sports packages count as full-time channels, when I say they are glorified PPV.

Each side of the discussion has their own supporters, however the D*-vangenlists believe their opinion is pre-destined fact. And just keep repeating themselves over and over again. While the rest of us who know better know the truth. If the channel ain't on full-time, than it ain't a full-time channel. And if the content on that channel is seasonal, well...seasonal ain't full-time neither. ITs 'seasonal' , so by definition alone....

Anyway, don't let the D*-vangelists feed you a line. Read the fine-print. Make your own decisions here. We have some folks around here who are very passionate about their provider, just as they are about their teams. You really need to take certain bits of advice you get from some of them with a grain of salt. Its fueled by emotion without reason, not unlike any given sporting event.

But don't for a minute think you are getting full-time RSN's from D* just because you sub to the top-tier package. Some have posted in this forum who have been disappointed and have felt mislead...my brother being one of them.

knock it off you two...seriously your s**t is getting old...and really quick

But in fairness, Dodger King posted it correctly. DirecTv has the HD channels up 24/7. Yes they may be blacked out as need be but unlike Dish which picks and chooses what HD channels have the OPPORTUNITY to be available, DirecTV has them ALL available.

This has nothing to do with out of market sports packages because with College BB there are some that are available to everyone with just the multi-sports pack.

knock it off you two...seriously your s**t is getting old...and really quick

But in fairness, Dodger King posted it correctly. DirecTv has the HD channels up 24/7. Yes they may be blacked out as need be but unlike Dish which picks and chooses what HD channels have the OPPORTUNITY to be available, DirecTV has them ALL available.

This has nothing to do with out of market sports packages because with College BB there are some that are available to everyone with just the multi-sports pack.
Thank you.

It is difficult to not respond when someone makes personal comments. I am sorry, but when someone calls someone a liar, it is only human nature to defend oneself.

I placed him on ignore as a way to prevent myself from commenting and taking it further than it needs to go on this thread and any future threads.

To the OP, let me again apologize on behalf of Vampz and myself for responding to him, and again offer the invitation for a PM of any further questions regarding sports packages.

its all good...but in all fairness I've seen the guide on a D* HD receiver and there are the HD channels listed in the sports channel area. All of them. Not a smattering like on Dish

its all good...but in all fairness I've seen the guide on a D* HD receiver and there are the HD channels listed in the sports channel area. All of them. Not a smattering like on Dish
Yep....That was all I was trying to get at.

I just wanted the OP to realize that due to limits of the amount of HD RSNs carried by Dish at any one time, often a lot of the collegiate games that may be shown in HD may not be available on the multi-sports pack. This is due to bandwidth restrictions from the limited amount of HD RSNs turned on at any one time. If HD is important to him, this is something he should look into as well, before putting money into the multi-sports pack. If the HD RSNs were full time (meaning having their own full time channel, not meaning that they have content on all of the time - as some may have thought I meant), this would not be as much of an issue.

Just simply trying to help the guy and give him as much info as possible so he can make his own decision.

Hey...I'll be the first to admit that D* offers a better sports offering than E*...

That was never a topic up for debate...thats a fact.

All I've ever debated was the nature of the offering. Thats about it. Don't ask me why folks take it personal...

Anyway, you were right to take the topic back to collegiate sports because thats what the OP was into. Fortunately, Dish provides the Big10 Network in may area as a fulltime RSN (and I mean real full-time...not like PPV thats available 24/7)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)