Dish calling to schedule service call?

aaronc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Dayton,OH
Has anyone had Dish call them to schedule an appointment because the computer is telling them you are having signal issues? I have a service tech coming tomorrow to check my system. I haven't noticed any problems with signal loss.Weird.

Yep. We've had reports here before about this. I suspect I'll be getting a call soon, if I don't call them first. Looks like too much LNB drift on my 61.5.

Has anyone had Dish call them to schedule an appointment because the computer is telling them you are having signal issues? I have a service tech coming tomorrow to check my system. I haven't noticed any problems with signal loss.Weird.

If you are concerned that is a phony call; contact Dish and verify the appointment.

this happens all the time. if your receiver is plugged into a phone line, it will 'report its health' back to dish network periodically. rarely, it will do this during a snowstorm or something, and report low signal when its just weather. anyway, take the free call, cause it will get your system a free tune-up and you wont have to pay for one later.

Look at it this way would you rather wait once you completely lose signal and have to schedule an appointment for us to make the trip instead? Or hook up the phone lines/network to your receivers and have us come out and head off any troubles before they become apparent and you lose your programming all together? Preventive maintenance imo.

I got the same call a few weeks ago. The techs came (2 times) and replaced an LNB, relocated my 61.5 dish and swapped out my 5 month old VIP722 with a brand new unit. The 722 had been reporting low signal. Turns out LNB was bad and tech said that hard drive was failing on 722. Ended up enabling Hard Drive feature to transfer programs off old 722. Painless easy process really (surprisingly). We did have a few issues, but hadn't called to complain. They showed up in a DISH van so I'm sure they were legit. Very satisfied overall.

I got the same call a few weeks ago. The techs came (2 times) and replaced an LNB, relocated my 61.5 dish and swapped out my 5 month old VIP722 with a brand new unit. The 722 had been reporting low signal. Turns out LNB was bad and tech said that hard drive was failing on 722. Ended up enabling Hard Drive feature to transfer programs off old 722. Painless easy process really (surprisingly). We did have a few issues, but hadn't called to complain. They showed up in a DISH van so I'm sure they were legit. Very satisfied overall.
??
transfer programs off the old 722?
do tell more...

??
transfer programs off the old 722?
do tell more...

You can put an external hard drive on the receiver and save your recordings. i did this when mine receiver was going bad otherwise i would have lost 20 shows. I just costs one time to activate the feature and you can use a 1TB drive now

I added a 640 GB MY BOOK. Now I have more than double the capacity. Takes about 4 min to transfer 1 hr of SD, 8 min for 1 hr of HD. You can watch directly from the EHD or send it back to 722. Pretty slick.

I wasn't afraid of the call not being legit. I was not aware of the system health reporting.. Any who, the tech was here and adjusted my dish which increased my signal strength, all showing 70's. He said it would help to reduce my rain fade if anything.

Archiving of content to external single LUN USB backup drives has been supported for quite a while now.

assuming somebody has an external hard drive. i guess it sounded to me like the person was saying, the tech brought an ehd with him or something. and that would be a service i hadn't heard about yet.

I wasn't afraid of the call not being legit. I was not aware of the system health reporting.. Any who, the tech was here and adjusted my dish which increased my signal strength, all showing 70's. He said it would help to reduce my rain fade if anything.

Good for you Aaronc!! They nearly doubled my signal strength with the tweaks they did here, some into the low 80's. Hoping it helps on the rain fade here too.

assuming somebody has an external hard drive. i guess it sounded to me like the person was saying, the tech brought an ehd with him or something. and that would be a service i hadn't heard about yet.

No it was mine. I had bought it with this in mind. Just needed the push to do it. Didn't realize it was so easy.

Sounds fishy to me! Personally, I would have refused to set up the appointment.

There's nothing fishy about that. It's one of the reasons they want a receiver connected to a phone or broadband. There is software on all receivers now called STB Health Lite. It monitors system performance, and if there is a problem that could lead to a loss of service, Dish will call the customer and schedule an appointment free of charge. So that the customer can have the problem fixed before they lose service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts