Dish calling to schedule service call?

I have lnb drift of -7 on both 110 and 119 and am getting occasional macro blocking and audio issues on channels coming from those sats. I chatted with a tech (Lisa) via dish chat a few minutes ago and she told me "we no longer send out people on service calls for lnb drift, we have a software fix for that", and had me give her some info from the system info screen (software version and switch info).

So, can anyone verify for me, is lnb drift really a non-issue now, or did the tech just feed me a line?

Thanks.

I have lnb drift of -7 on both 110 and 119 and am getting occasional macro blocking and audio issues on channels coming from those sats. I chatted with a tech (Lisa) via dish chat a few minutes ago and she told me "we no longer send out people on service calls for lnb drift, we have a software fix for that", and had me give her some info from the system info screen (software version and switch info).

So, can anyone verify for me, is lnb drift really a non-issue now, or did the tech just feed me a line?

Thanks.
??????????????????
interesting, i was pretty darn sure drift was a HARDWARE issue.

Thanks.

Lisa was correct in stating that Dish no longer sends out technicians specifically for lnb drift however it's not a software issue. You've got to be careful with how you approach the issue. If you were to approach the technician advising them of intermittent signal loss being caused by the lnb drift, pixelation, audio drops etc; they would do a few things and ultimately end up sending a technician out.

If you have a phone line hooked up to the receiver and STBhealth is reporting, you will end up receiving a call if you're losing signal and it's a great day outside. DishNet is starting a proactive measure in order to keep customers happy and with good service.

Lisa was correct in stating that Dish no longer sends out technicians specifically for lnb drift however it's not a software issue. You've got to be careful with how you approach the issue. If you were to approach the technician advising them of intermittent signal loss being caused by the lnb drift, pixelation, audio drops etc; they would do a few things and ultimately end up sending a technician out.

If you have a phone line hooked up to the receiver and STBhealth is reporting, you will end up receiving a call if you're losing signal and it's a great day outside. DishNet is starting a proactive measure in order to keep customers happy and with good service.

Oh, my 622 is connected via phone line (and ethernet), so STBhealth can report whatever it finds to them, but I did tell her that I was getting intermittent macro blocking, pixelation and audio issues on various HD channels coming from the two sats that the affected LNBs are pointing at (110 & 119).

Well, I'll keep an eye on the info screen and see if the drift gets worse. If it does, and the audio/video issues continue to worsen, I'll insist on a service call...

Oh, my 622 is connected via phone line (and ethernet), so STBhealth can report whatever it finds to them, but I did tell her that I was getting intermittent macro blocking, pixelation and audio issues on various HD channels coming from the two sats that the affected LNBs are pointing at (110 & 119).

Well, I'll keep an eye on the info screen and see if the drift gets worse. If it does, and the audio/video issues continue to worsen, I'll insist on a service call...

I'm hesitant to tell you to call but I think this is what is going to be necessary. The agents on the dishnetwork.com site are some of the best agents (tenure/skill wise) however, the advice that was given to you was flat out wrong. Ignore the drift itself, as it's not something that anyone in tech can "do anything about" anymore. They have to ignore that message, for all intents and purposes as there are a few ways that LNB drift can be detected without actual drift occuring. She wasn't completely wrong as I hope I stated earlier. If you're having intermittent signal loss it more than likely is legitimate drift. Call back in describe that situation as you've just described it to me but make sure you say "intermittent signal loss" when they ask the first few questions. Advise them of how long it's been occuring etc; A tech will be sent.

Nonsense! I fix drift all the time. I hook up my Super Buddy, check the drift reading, then pull a new LNBF off my van, and replace it. Drift fixed.

Tyra, I'm not talking on site techs. Onsite techs ought to be fixing drift.

Tech Service Reps however have to ignore the message as it's no longer in their troubleshooting as a red flag that has to be addressed. The issue may be drift but it will not be like the past when drift detected means automatic truck roll.

I lost all my locals (SD and HD) today around 4 PM. The on-screen message told me to Please Standby. At, 4:45 I get a call from the 402 Area Code (Nebraska?), and the caller ID says "Service Announcement", but no one is on the line. The locals came on a few seconds later. Very weird.

I'm hesitant to tell you to call but I think this is what is going to be necessary. The agents on the dishnetwork.com site are some of the best agents (tenure/skill wise) however, the advice that was given to you was flat out wrong. Ignore the drift itself, as it's not something that anyone in tech can "do anything about" anymore. They have to ignore that message, for all intents and purposes as there are a few ways that LNB drift can be detected without actual drift occuring. She wasn't completely wrong as I hope I stated earlier. If you're having intermittent signal loss it more than likely is legitimate drift. Call back in describe that situation as you've just described it to me but make sure you say "intermittent signal loss" when they ask the first few questions. Advise them of how long it's been occuring etc; A tech will be sent.

Well, the way I see it, since I'm paying for DHPP, I ought to be able to get something for the price I'm paying, right? So, I'll call them tomorrow, talk to the techs and go about it as an A/V intermittent interruption issue...we'll see what happens and I'll report back here what they say...

actually the stb report is famous for sening technicians out after big snowstorms, because it DOESNT report if its a nice day outside or not.
:)
unless they've found a software fix for THAT.

actually the stb report is famous for sening technicians out after big snowstorms, because it DOESNT report if its a nice day outside or not.
:)
unless they've found a software fix for THAT.

Constantly monitors for said activity. DishNET now freezes MA's that are experiencing severe weather. Again, it's a work in progress. STB is tech that ought to be used more and integrated better. These are just a few things we're working on.

Constantly monitors for said activity. DishNET now freezes MA's that are experiencing severe weather. Again, it's a work in progress. STB is tech that ought to be used more and integrated better. These are just a few things we're working on.
tell you what is a great improvement. the new feature on remotes, pressing 'sat' puts tv on correct channel. ive been waiting for that fix. i always thought we have have remotes like direct, where you have to physically filp a switch on the remote to get it to control tv/vcr.
what else is in the works? i assume you work at a call center or something?

Has anyone had Dish call them to schedule an appointment because the computer is telling them you are having signal issues? I have a service tech coming tomorrow to check my system. I haven't noticed any problems with signal loss.Weird.

yes. this is called a "set top box" or STB health call.
I get them on work orders all the time.
The receiver if connected to a land based phone line is communicated with by Dish. The receiver during this "call" reports the function of the box including signal strengths. If the signals come in low ( could be in a middle of a heavy rain or snowfall) a computer generated service call is built on your behalf. The phone call is simply to alert you that there are issues and that Dish is sending a tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)