Sport's Superstitions: Do you have any?

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
On Mike & Mike this morning, they were talking about quirky sport superstitions. The Jon Lester no-hitter and the superstition of not discussing it during the game came up. They also mentioned other superstitions like the "golf Gods".

For me, during a big game I allow no beer of the opposing team in the house. For example, during last year's ALCS, my wife came home from the grocery store with a six of Sam Adam's Octoberfest. I made her store it outside and wouldn't allow it within site or in the fridge. To this day, I still think my wife jinxed my Indians when she came home with that Boston brewed ale during Game 5. At the time, the Indians were up 3-1 in the series.....

Are there any quirky superstitions that you have while watching a sporting event/your favorite team?

On Mike & Mike this morning, they were talking about quirky sport superstitions. The Jon Lester no-hitter and the superstition of not discussing it during the game came up. They also mentioned other superstitions like the "golf Gods".

For me, during a big game I allow no beer of the opposing team in the house. For example, during last year's ALCS, my wife came home from the grocery store with a six of Sam Adam's Octoberfest. I made her store it outside and wouldn't allow it within site or in the fridge. To this day, I still think my wife jinxed my Indians when she came home with that Boston brewed ale during Game 5. At the time, the Indians were up 3-1 in the series.....

Are there any quirky superstitions that you have while watching a sporting event/your favorite team?

You should have drank the beer, might have taken some of the sting out of losing.

Enough Cleveland bashing please.

Does anyone actually have any superstitions to contribute to this thread? Paul, why don't you reveal to everyone that you sleep with a photo of LLLLLoyd under your pillow every Friday Night? And Hart, please share with us how you like to substitute clam chowder for milk in your Lucky Charms on the day's the Celtics play.....:D

Seriously though, I can't be the only superstitious fan out there...

Enough Cleveland bashing please.

Does anyone actually have any superstitions to contribute to this thread? Paul, why don't you reveal to everyone that you sleep with a photo of LLLLLoyd under your pillow every Friday Night? And Hart, please share with us how you like to substitute clam chowder for milk in your Lucky Charms on the day's the Celtics play.....:D

Seriously though, I can't be the only superstitious fan out there...

I refuse to allow ANYONE wear the opposing teams colors in my house during game time....PERIOD!

I MUST wear my team gear.

I am STILL convinced that IF I had watched the game and rooted for my team...they WOULD have won!!

IF my team is getting killed and I change the channel and they have made a comeback, I will change it AGAIN and check the updates on the internet to just incase watching is jinxing my team.

I still play competitive baseball and I do the sign of the cross 3 times and spit on my batting gloves in every at bat!

I don't drink and even I would probably start drinking if I had to live in Cleveland. :D.....just kidding.

Paul, why don't you reveal to everyone that you sleep with a photo of LLLLLoyd under your pillow every Friday Night?

HILARIOUS!!

BTW, I have an actual superstition:

When I am eating any type of food during a game, I do not take the first bite or first drink (water, BTW- I NEVER want to drink alcohol) until play begins (kickoff, faceoff, tipoff, first pitch).

Not while watching a game, but when playing:

When I played hockey (for 41 years), I always put on my left equipment first.
Left sock, skate, elbow pad, left leg into hockey pants first, left glove.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)