Sports Time Ohio and Cincinnati Reds.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Doesn’t MLB.com black out home teams? I would buy MLB extra innings but the Cardinals and Royals are a home team for me so they are blacked out. Come on Dish let’s bring back the RSNs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: DawgDeputy
Sports Time Ohio, soon to be Bally's Sports - Great Lakes, is the Indians channel; Fox Sports Ohio, soon to be Bally's Sports - Ohio is the Reds channel.

As to MLB.tv, MLB blacks out your "local" team(s) based on an arcane map dating from the 70s, with most team having vast over-claims which over lap each other such that some places have as many as six home teams. You will NOT get any team on mlb.tv if you are physically located within its claim. FYI the Reds claim is all of Kentucky, all of Ohio except the Cleveland DMA, all of Indiana except the Chicago DMA, all of Tennessee, southern and western West Virginia, western North Carolina, and northern Mississippi. Yes, the Reds claim to be the home team in Mississippi.

Sinclair is working on an in-market on-line availability, but it will not launch this year.

The best way to get the Reds is to subscribe to a service that carries Fox Sports Ohio.

It'd be nice if the sports teams would actually leverage some power here to ensure carriage. In fact, I ponder if there is a lawsuit potential against teams being able to claim distribution territories but not being available for people in said territories.

IE if you are to claim television territory, you must be available on all cable/sat distributors. It is first world problems, but just changing your sat/cable provider isn't actually a simple thing to do.

Sports Time Ohio, soon to be Bally's Sports - Great Lakes, is the Indians channel; Fox Sports Ohio, soon to be Bally's Sports - Ohio is the Reds channel.
As I pointed out in the other thread, the placement of the team logos on the new map does not exactly make that clear. It seems to imply that there may be some realignment of which teams air on which channel, although the article does not mention that:
The placement of the team logos in Ohio on that map is a little odd, though, since it shows the Cleveland team logos in southwest Ohio, with the other teams' (Reds and Blue Jackets) logos in northeast Ohio. So, that is the reverse of where they should be. Also, the placement of the team logos next to the channel logos makes it hard to determine which teams go with which channel. Do you go from left to right (putting Reds and Blue Jackets on BS Ohio) or from top to bottom (putting Indians and Cavs on BS Ohio)?

Yes, the Reds claim to be the home team in Mississippi.
Well, it is not like there is a major league team in New Orleans or Memphis to claim that area instead.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the placement of the team logos on the new map does not exactly make that clear.

Well, it is not like there is a major league team in New Orleans or Memphis to claim that area instead.
- Fox Sports Ohio, SportsTime Ohio get new names: Bally Sports Ohio and Bally Sports Great Lakes - cleveland.com

- MLB insists that every single square inch of the country has at least one "local" team, and some up to 6. It has allowed vast over claims, I was just picking on the Reds because they were the subject, every team does it. To use Ohio's other team, even more ridiculous. All of Ohio except the Cincinnati and Dayton DMAs, the same claim the Reds make to West Virginia (100% Reds country), northeast Kentucky (the part of KY that gets Huntington-Charleston WV TV) (100% Reds), northeast Pennsylvania (100% Pirates) and Buffalo (mostly Yankees with some Mets and maybe some Blue Jays tossed in).

The home team in Mississippi is the Braves.

northeast Kentucky (the part of KY that gets Huntington-Charleston WV TV)
My favorite part of Kentucky. (That is where my parents are from.)

northeast Pennsylvania (100% Pirates)
I am sure you meant northwest Pennsylvania. ;)

and Buffalo
This actually makes some sense with regards to the Indians, since their AAA affiliate used to be in Buffalo for many years, before the Indians switched to having the Columbus Clippers as their AAA team instead. SportsTime Ohio may have even carried some Buffalo Bisons games when the channel first launched, due to the Bisons' (at the time) affiliation with the Indians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)