Spot Beam from Atlanta in Albnay GA

joeinalbanyga

Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
Albany GA
Ok. I was looking at the spot beam from Atlanta and its hard to see if it will cover Albany GA. Thy offer locals except from ABC as there is no affiliate. The closest one is over 100 miles away and is close to impossible to receive with even the best off air ant. Can I move to a Atlanta address and get them? AN help would be very very appreciated.

well the easiest thing to do is check the signal on the receiver
menu 6-1-1 and depending on your setup see what the signal shows for these

HD is on 129 TP4 and 61.5 TP15
SD is on 110 TP20

just scroll over to where it says satellite and select 129 or 61.5 (depending on setup) and then change the transponder to what I posted above. It will show a signal. If its acceptable then it will work

thanks

For the quick answer. I don't have Dish yet but want to get it. But the local Cable Co gets their ABC out of columbus GA. So I would hate to get dish and then not be able to get ABC. Go figure its the channal the wife loves. And the map I saw its like Albany is right on the line. But I saw another one and they both get it from 129 degree CII. What you think?

I presume you are talking about NYC locals - they are on a spot beam and not visable in GA.

If you are speaking about All American Direct, you must qualify for their locals service.

I hope you do.

Sorry to resurrect a week old thread, but I have a friend in Albany, GA and I have researched this locals info to death for him. To the OP, I would check out Tallahassee, FL, definitely in the spotbeam for that and ALL 4 networks in HD!

Last edited:
But Atlanta has more locals in HD...I know WPCH (formerly WTBS) is and the My affiliate (or is it the CW affiliate) is too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts