Spot Beam Move.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bowana

Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
Mexico.
I live in two locations.
Zip Code 91390. LA area.
And Mexico Cabo San Lucas.
I brougt one of my boxes down here. I youse a 6ft. dish and get Sat 119 & 129hd. Sat. with no problem. but i dont get my Local chanels here in Mex.
A friend of mine here, gets locals from San dieago area.
Is ther any thing i can do to get any local chanels???

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Bowana.

Can I Change myservice address to somewhere in the San Diego market, by just calling Dish???
Or shuld i use All American Direct.
I dont want to get cut off!!! i cant by Dish. Here.

Thanks for Your Quick responce.

Bowana.

Spot Beam Problem.

Any other ideas im a new subscriber and i dont want too screw up when calling Dish.

Thanks Bowana.

Just call dish, and give them a valid SanD SERVICE address. You can keep your billing address where it currently is. Tell Dish that you already have a dish and receiver at the "SanD" address, so you dont need anyone to come out. You'll probably want to check that you get a decent signal strength for the SanD spotbeam before you change your address. SanD HD locals are on 110 on TP 29 (Menu -> 6 -> 1 -> 1), and make sure you change the Sat to 110 and the Transponder to 29 on the screen. If the signal is strong enough for you, you should have SanD HD locals a few minutes after calling. If it isnt strong, I'd pick a different market, or not go with this idea.

Oh and I should add that SanD SD Locals are on 110 TP 27, if you're just looking for SD locals.

Thanks for your reply!!!
But we cant get Sat 110 down here.
But my nabor is getting locals of 119.
So im checking what Zip code he is using.
I get a fair signal on 119 and a strong signal on 129.

Thanks.
Bowana.

10 or 12 ft

Just wondering, 110 can't be gotten with a good 10 or 12 ft C/KU dish? I would think it would be able to but I could be wrong. I remember that happening at least once. And why did you start 2 threads on the same subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)