SPOT BEAM MOVE

hdrick103

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Currently live inside the nashville DMA 30 east of the city. I would like to "move" to another DMA perhaps Atlanta or Chicago. What options do I have on the dish spotbeam at my current locations. I looked at the AAD pricing list this morning the cost are too high to go in that direction for out of market HD locals.

Look at what spotbeams cover your area and then use TheList to tell you what is available on that spotbeam.

You WILL NOT be able to get Chicago through DISH Network.

Atlanta will require a larger dish (according to the spotbeam maps) for either the 61.5W or 129W feeds.

In any event, understand that "moving" is a breach of your contract with DISH Network.

You WILL NOT be able to get Chicago through DISH Network.
no but you might through All AMerican Direct ;)

In any event, understand that "moving" is a breach of your contract with DISH Network.

huh, imagine that. You had to get that little snippet of your view on "moving" in there.

If someone wants to "move", let them. Dish gets their money still :)

I've "moved" numerous times. I think in the 6 years I had Dish I had my actual address on file as the physical for maybe 2 months

I was able to legally subscribe to both locals & most of the distants at the lake cabin (CBS excluded) when Dish could. Sucked when I lost those :(

Hey Dig, could you check the map for spotbeam 4 Buffalo, NY on 61.5. That map doesn't even hit NY State. Is it the wrong spotbeam for buffalo?

The map is correct based on the previous FCC filings. After Dish took over the satellite it seems they have adjusted the tilt/rotation of the satellite moving all the beams.

So, it shows on the list for E11 @ 110 that the LA & CHI stations are on ConUS beams. Shouldn't this mean they are able to be received anywhere in the ConUS beam coverage:
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 110°W

Would someone who "moved" to LA be able to receive the networks in HD form anywhere in the ConUS beam?

In my current DMA we just lost FOX and ABC is not transmitting in HD. This has also happened for the other DMA's around me.

AAD is price prohibitive.

So, it shows on the list for E11 @ 110 that the LA & CHI stations are on ConUS beams. Shouldn't this mean they are able to be received anywhere in the ConUS beam coverage:

Would someone who "moved" to LA be able to receive the networks in HD form anywhere in the ConUS beam?

In my current DMA we just lost FOX and ABC is not transmitting in HD. This has also happened for the other DMA's around me.

LA's HD locals are one spot beam on sat 129.

Those are the AAD HD channels

Can I receive Memphis HD/SD locals on 110o Transponder 20 Spot Beam 14, 30 miles east of Nashville? May be a positive "move" for me in the future. If not maybe the spotbeam from Atlanta reaches into my area, would be close I would want to know before I move. I have a 722 & 211.

Can I receive Memphis HD/SD locals on 110o Transponder 20 Spot Beam 14, 30 miles east of Nashville? May be a positive "move" for me in the future. If not maybe the spotbeam from Atlanta reaches into my area, would be close I would want to know before I move. I have a 722 & 211.

Here's how you find out:

Click on The List link at the top of the page.
Click Subscription List Home.
Click Dish Network 110W.
Scroll down to Spotbeam 14 Memphis, TN.
Click on Spotbeam 14 to get beam map: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn110?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E10_SB14.jpg

Based on the map, the answer is yes. To know for sure, examine the signal strength of your receiver for Transponder 20 on 110W.

Do you want HD or SD? What satellite positions can you receive? What antenna are you using, e.g., D500, D1000.2, etc. ? What is wrong with the Nashville market? You should be in the spotbeam for both the Memphis and Nashville HD markets.

Memphis spotbeam: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB38.jpg

I can't get a lock on 110 T20 SD Memphis locals. The HD locals are at 129o 16 38 and do lock I live close enough to Nashville to receive HD locals over the air. I would like a different viewing option at a minimum cost. The AAD cost at $5. per channel is way out of my price range. I'm going to look up the Atlanta spotbeam locals and check those out. I have a 722 receiver with a three head oval dish I think it is a 1000, 110,119,129. thx

I can't get a lock on 110 T20 SD Memphis locals. The HD locals are at 129o 16 38 and do lock I live close enough to Nashville to receive HD locals over the air. I would like a different viewing option at a minimum cost. The AAD cost at $5. per channel is way out of my price range. I'm going to look up the Atlanta spotbeam locals and check those out. I have a 722 receiver with a three head oval dish I think it is a 1000, 110,119,129. thx

The edge of the 129W ATL HD locals spotbeam comes close: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB43.jpg

Check the SS on Transponder 4. You may need a 30-inch antenna to get a strong signal depending on the map's accuracy.

The edge of the 129W ATL HD locals spotbeam comes close: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB43.jpg

Check the SS on Transponder 4. You may need a 30-inch antenna to get a strong signal depending on the map's accuracy.
Don't think it will work I am outside the yellow spot beam to the north. Maybe another dish pointed at 61.5, there are other viewing options at that location not sure it would be worth the investment or what other programing is available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)