Spot beams

michaeltash@mac.com

Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
I have two questions.

I live in Canada about 150 miles north of Duluth, Minnesota.

The only HD market close is Minneapolis.

Is there any way of testing whether I can receive the Minneapolis spot beams for HD locals before moving?

I am currently on the Denver locals (no HD).

Second question may be dumber than the first.

Are any HD locals still available on CONUS?

Thanks for any help. I miss my HD (lost New York locals).

I have two questions.

I live in Canada about 150 miles north of Duluth, Minnesota.

The only HD market close is Minneapolis.

Is there any way of testing whether I can receive the Minneapolis spot beams for HD locals before moving?

I am currently on the Denver locals (no HD).

Second question may be dumber than the first.

Are any HD locals still available on CONUS?

Thanks for any help. I miss my HD (lost New York locals).

Today, all the HD locals at 129 are on Conus and include Minneapolis but they are switching to Ciel 2 around the end of the year and that may mean a switch to spots at that longitude. Minneapolis is also on spot at 61.5 and the new 77 starting in a couple of month will be carrying various locals. I know the SD spot comes in fine as far north as Aitkin on a standard dish so you might well be able to pick up the spot beam using a larger dish.

Today, all the HD locals at 129 are on Conus and include Minneapolis but they are switching to Ciel 2 around the end of the year and that may mean a switch to spots at that longitude. Minneapolis is also on spot at 61.5 and the new 77 starting in a couple of month will be carrying various locals. I know the SD spot comes in fine as far north as Aitkin on a standard dish so you might well be able to pick up the spot beam using a larger dish.
thanks for the help. I will give it a shot and point my dish at 129. It is a 24 inch pan hopefully big enough. If they are on conus I will let it go until they switch to spot beams.

I do not want to call me broker to move me to minneapolis until I know I can pick it up.

Thanks again for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts