Status
Please reply by conversation.

GoWulfpack919

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
NC
Spotbeam distance (Richmond Va)

What are the odds of getting Greensboro NC HD locals in Richmond,Va? I've yet to find a spotbeam map for HD locals.

Thanks

Last edited:
Based on the size of the Raleigh spot beam, I'd guess you can get the Greensboro locals in Richmond with no problem.

Well, it's possible ... it's about 200 miles by road, so I would guess it's less than that as a crow flies ....
So I would give it a try.

Also, if anyone is in Richmond Va, what are your signal strengths on Sat 99, trnspdr 16 ?

I'm actually 20 miles SE of Raleigh but I "moved" to Greensboro to get the Braves instead of the Orioles. So....I'm at least 100 miles from Greensboro now and it comes in loud and clear. Are there any maps out there with spotbeam footprints?

That's where the local stations for Greensboro are located.

I'm actually 20 miles SE of Raleigh but I "moved" to Greensboro to get the Braves instead of the Orioles. So....I'm at least 100 miles from Greensboro now and it comes in loud and clear. Are there any maps out there with spotbeam footprints?

There are many in the Satmaps link at the top of the Directv forum page. It doesn't have one for Greensboro though.

Inquiry....What determines what spotbeams you can see on the signal strength screens for 99s and 103s (which I assume are the only locations for spotbeams) on an H20-100 box...is it the zip code entered in the setup screen, the "service address" or the location of the dish itself...or some other variable. Thanks in advance.

its what spotbeams you're under...doesnt matter what zip you put in, the service address on file, nothing

the spotbeams are in fixed locations. When you hook up the receiver in an area it shows the signals for spotbeams. You will have 0's on the screen. Hell on 99 (s) I've got 8 out of 15 TP's show 0, 2 show very low signal and the others at 100. I know 2 of them are for Minneapolis and one is for Eau Claire

It all depends on where YOU are located

SATBEAMS has some of the best maps as long as you know the correct SAT & TPS: SatBeams - Home

MAP? Should be it right?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 170
looks like 103 it works but 99W it doesnt show much for spotbeams unless I'm doing something wrong

no what I mean is if I click on the 99W tab at the top it only shows me CONUS and a couple other spotbeams options. There are a fair amount of locals on 99W but folks cant see the spotbeam maps for those

They don't even show the spot beam for Hartford CT. Anyone know where I can find a map for it?

no what I mean is if I click on the 99W tab at the top it only shows me CONUS and a couple other spotbeams options. There are a fair amount of locals on 99W but folks cant see the spotbeam maps for those

Glad to see it just wasn't me that was thinking the same.

I can find the satellites...how do you go from there?

Directv got an exception from FCC for a couple of their phase array satellites which allowed thrm to only submit a couple of examples of their spots. Said the beams are infinitely adjustable.

So, no filed data, no beams to publish. This is why you can not find them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)