Spotbeam Map Error on The List?

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
I was looking to "move" to Lexington Kentucky to get the locals there from Columbus, Ohio on sat 61.5 transponder 31, spotbeam 3 but if you click on that on The List, it takes you to what appears to be a spotbeam for Columbia, South Carolina. Am I missing something? How can I check whether I'm in range? Thanks!

If that map is correct, you'd be too far outside the footprint of the spot beam. Good news is, if you're in Columbus, you have other options... you might even be able to get Chicago. Why are you wanting to get Lexington?

My wife is a Bengals fan. When we switched to the Hopper 3, they changed our dish and we only get satellite 61.5 and 72, so we can't get the Cincy locals on 77 anymore. Lexington, in theory, would be a good option, but the spotbeam map appears to be in error.

My wife is a Bengals fan. When we switched to the Hopper 3, they changed our dish and we only get satellite 61.5 and 72, so we can't get the Cincy locals on 77 anymore. Lexington, in theory, would be a good option, but the spotbeam map appears to be in error.

Have you tried pointing an over the air antenna toward Cincinnati? I used to live outside Columbus and I could get Cincinnati locals there. Granted, you'd need an antenna on the roof probably, but it's possible.

Have you tried pointing an over the air antenna toward Cincinnati? I used to live outside Columbus and I could get Cincinnati locals there. Granted, you'd need an antenna on the roof probably, but it's possible.

I don't have a roof antenna, and I live 15 miles NE of Columbus. It'd have to be a pretty good antenna to get them.

Reactions: pattykay
I don't have a roof antenna, and I live 15 miles NE of Columbus. It'd have to be a pretty good antenna to get them.

Yeah, especially since WKRC is a VHF-HI station. I think that's the Bengal's channel. Their website says they'll also be carried on WSYX in Columbus, though. You get that channel on Dish.

"Also on the network are WKEF-TV (ABC Ch. 22) in Dayton, Ohio; WSYX-TV (ABC Ch. 6) in Columbus, Ohio; WLIO-TV (FOX Ch. 8.2) in Lima, Ohio; WDKY-TV (FOX Ch. 56) in Lexington, Ky.; and WDRB-TV (FOX Ch. 41) in Louisville, Ky."

You could put a DPP LNBF head on the dish and add a DPH42 switch. That would add 77 back to your satellites.

That is one of the things that kept me from upgrading to a Hopper 3. I have the 1000.4 EA, and I would not want to lose the ability to have those CONUS locals available as a back-up option to switch to if my locals are ever unavailable.

Could also put up a 500 dish/dp dual, point to the 77 and wing it in via the input port on the LNB, run a check switch and have them back, also
Seems to me that in prior threads, a non-Hybrid LNBF cannot be connected to the input of a Hybrid LNBF. People wanting 118 satellites.

Seems to me that in prior threads, a non-Hybrid LNBF cannot be connected to the input of a Hybrid LNBF. People wanting 118 satellites.
Not true, the problem with the 118 is that it doesn't work with a wing dish, other than using a 1000+/DP500+ (old Style Int'l LNBF) connected to a Hybrid LNB.

I have set up ea hybrids with a wing for the 129 because it was the only Sat I could hit to the western arc with no problem. As a wing Dish, DP/DPP works fine with Hybrid LNB's

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about adding what you guys mentioned to my setup, and I doubt Dish would do it for me unless I had a legitimate reason.

Unfortunately, it will be hit and miss. For instance, this week the Bengals are on in only a small area near Cincy. See the link below.

506 Sports - NFL Maps: Week 1, 2017

Looks like that small area includes WKEF in Dayton, which has a pretty strong signal. You might be able to pick it up with a decent indoor intenna. Or stick one in your attic.. we can help provide you with antenna suggestions if you can copy/paste a report from www.tvfool.com

Thanks for the help! Here's my report.

TV Fool

Shoot. You're further away than I thought. My parents live in London Ohio and they can get Dayton and Columbus pretty well, but Westerville is just too far. You'd need a pretty decent size antenna up on the roof to get Dayton, which is probably more trouble than you'd want to mess with

I won't be home until Christmas, or I'd come help you swap out your dish!

Maybe crodrules could help you, he lives in NE Ohio ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)