Spotbeam question

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Ok, I am about 20 miles if that from the edge of a spotbeam. Is there anyway to get to the locals within that spotbeam via a bigger dish? or do u have to absolutely be in the circle, you can't be just right outside of it, is it that accurate?

I wouldn't say that is necessarily a true statement ccg. J, I recommend calling a local retailer. They are probably familiar with your area or can recommend a dish to suit your needs.

Do you receive any signal on the spotbeam in question now? A bigger dish probably won't help you with a 0, but if you have something marginal like a 40 it could very well bring it up to a 70.

Hope

There is some hope for you. I'm on the edge of my spotbeam for my "locals". I get it great using a .9 meter dish. I'm getting 43 on the new modified 622 scale. I think it was in the 70's range before the mod.

Hi,
The edge of the spot beam is a fringe area. Its location is not totally exact in practice.
Picture it like a flashlight. See how the edges of the beam are blurry when you shine it on something?
They only way to know is to actually try it out. 20 miles is not very far in terms of scale. There is no reason not to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts