Spread the Word to the US only?

Traveler

Oct 5, 2006
Bob Johnson's dream was to cover the world with the Good News via christian owned satellite. I have a lifetime subscription to Sky Angel and will be moving to the Middle East. I heard that the FCC prevents SA from offering their services outside the United States. Does anyone know if their broadcast beam is limited to the US only?

Right now SA is limited to the footprint of the Echostar 61.5 satellite which is CONUS.

Long term plans include more satellites with different coverage areas but nobody knows when that will be.

The beam is for the US and technically parts of Canada only. Due to the earth's shape and the satellite beams, you cant get it on the other side of the world

Depending what channel you want, allot of religious broadcasters broadcast worldwide on different satellites so you might have some luck looking at lyngsat. I know that wont help you with your lifetime sub and you wont get everything on SA but the area your going to you should be able to get tons of free to air broadcasts.

I can tell you that 3ABN can be seen there. No mater where "there" is. As far as I know 3ABN is the only network, religious or otherwise, that can be seen anywhere in the world.

Pepper said:
Right now SA is limited to the footprint of the Echostar 61.5 satellite which is CONUS.

Long term plans include more satellites with different coverage areas but nobody knows when that will be.
What about Equador? Some friends plan on moving there as missionaries. Is the 61.5 beam footprint available online?

laseradam said:
I can tell you that 3ABN can be seen there. No mater where "there" is. As far as I know 3ABN is the only network, religious or otherwise, that can be seen anywhere in the world.
trinity broadcasting networks is all over the world via 53 satellites.
check out www.tbn.org
good bless john

Last edited:
laseradam said:

For being seen that's possible...in terms of audio I think bloomberg comes pretty close to much of the world...sirus and xm have it as well as am, tv on cband and even on afrastar for africa and asia...

That is something else to consider - while there isn't much Christian content at all, Worldspace Satellite Radio could provide you with some "American" programming sources like NPR, FOX, and CNN.
http://www.worldspace.com/

You'd most likely receive their AfriStar service in the Middle East.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)