Springfield, MA ABC??????

milequatro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
MA
What gives??? Just completely lost our ABC affiliate WGGB in the middle of the Celtics-Lakers game!!!!! Totally gone not even in the guide anymore!!! WTF Dish?????? you are about to lose a customer you've had for 12 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey.. sorry to hear you lost abc tonight... fwiw, I'm on Springfield locals, no problems here. Have you tried a reset?
EDITED TO ADD... yeah... forget the reset....

Last edited:
they just turned them on 2 weeks ago,can they already be in a contract dispute,and what about Fox6,if that is still on the air then it is not a contract dispute as the thety are owned by the same company and run out of the same building.

Was it just the HD versions that were lost or were the SD versions gone too? Uplink report shows just the HD versions being turned off.

I guess it's one thing if the channel completely disappeared and another if just the HD feed went dark but you could still see the game in SD.

In Springfield, MA? The List! as well as DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Why Pay More? both show CBS, NBC and PBS available in SD. This obviously doesn't help the OP if his game was on ABC...

Edited to add: I think the new STELA rules require Dish to put up PBS in HD immediately if they put up anything in HD. So, going HD on ABC and Fox on June 3rd violated that law regardless of contracts with ABC and Fox.

the dish WEb site is wrong,NBC,ABC and fox WERE in hd and cbs was in SD as well as PBS.but now all we have is NBC in HD,CBS in SD and PBS in SD.to all those in the Springfield DMA i would just "move" to hartford,boston or albany and get the springfield channels OTA.

Well, here is an update from the station regarding fox/abc hd on dish....

We have gotten numerous e-mails and calls out this issue.

Our engineers have looked into the issue and determined that it is an issue with DISH, not on our end. Our signal is currently being carried by Comcast, Charter, Cox, and DIRECTV. As frustrating as it may be, the only thing we can suggest is getting in touch with DISH about this issue. Ultimately, it's a problem on their end.

Thanks for contacting us
Ryan Trowbridge
Assignment Manager
WGGB ABC40 / FOX 6 News

-------------

So it seems they want to be on DN... Doesn't sound like a contractual issue. I've not heard back from Dish regarding the lost channels.
Any updates on this from DN???
Scott (or anyone), any info on this???
Thanks as always!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts