Springfield, MO. HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
Howdy ya'll. Does anyone have any insight on when Springfield, MO. HD locals will be offered by Dish? I've saw plans for Jeff City/Columbia and Joplin. Can't believe those would be offered before Springfield.

Howdy ya'll. Does anyone have any insight on when Springfield, MO. HD locals will be offered by Dish? I've saw plans for Jeff City/Columbia and Joplin. Can't believe those would be offered before Springfield.

I'm as shocked as you are. I didn't think we would be getting them before Springfield. I thought I saw the Springfield dot on the map on a Charlie Chat earlier this year for being launched "soon". I would expect them to be on Dish in the Fall/Winter.

BTW, our local FOX doesn't even broadcast in HD OTA. I would hope they would use a direct feed like Mediacom does.

I'm as shocked as you are. I didn't think we would be getting them before Springfield. I thought I saw the Springfield dot on the map on a Charlie Chat earlier this year for being launched "soon". I would expect them to be on Dish in the Fall/Winter.

BTW, our local FOX doesn't even broadcast in HD OTA. I would hope they would use a direct feed like Mediacom does.
I hope you get your HD locals too. Springfield has a bigger DMA, so I don't understand the logic behind it, unless a rebroadcast agreement can't be worked out. I figure that Dish doesn't have a clue where Spfd. or Columbia are and just close their eyes and place the dot! LOL

It would be nice to get our locals off satellite, but I'm doing pretty good getting them with the antenna. Just hope channel 33 gets up and running in August as expected. The races looked great on channel 27, TNT just didn't look as nice as FOX 27 off my antenna.

Earlier this year Springfield was on the list for locals in HD, something has changed, maybe it will change back for the good.

Yeah I get all the OTA HD springfield channels except ABC of course, and it would be really cool to be able to record 2 network hd shows at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)