Sprint confirms Galaxy S4 + Note 3 KitKat rollout, reveals plans for more Samsung updates

Yup, got mine a few days ago on the S4.

Not sure what improvements it made, but it has taken away some apps (that I had to reinstall) and took the notification bar that use to have color on it, to all black and white, for some reason.

So it's been released on AT&T, T-Mobile, and now Sprint. Sure wish Verizon would release it already!! :)

Not missing out on much though.
Thats what I'm thinking so far ... however, I have found that locally here, the 4G upgrade is finally getting somewhere...

We have a tower that is sending 4g now, not the one that makes it to my home, but it should be coming soon.

I went to south Texas for 10 days and was able to use 4G there ...
What I found was the battery life is much less than it was for the 3G service ...

Is this what others are finding as well ?

I have noticed one thing I do not like ...
On the LOCK screen, there now shows a Camera Icon, allowing me access to the camera from there, which means it's NOT really a Locked Screen anymore.

Wish I could find a way to remove it ...
I already have a Camera Icon on the screen inside the Lock screen that works fine.

I have noticed one thing I do not like ...
On the LOCK screen, there now shows a Camera Icon, allowing me access to the camera from there, which means it's NOT really a Locked Screen anymore.

Wish I could find a way to remove it ...
I already have a Camera Icon on the screen inside the Lock screen that works fine.

If you have a passcode the camera option is no longer there.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you have a passcode the camera option is no longer there.

So if I have a password to get into the camera the camera is not there ?

Well that defeats the purpose of those I have heard from as to why it's there then.
I have heard that they put it there for easy access, if I don't want it there I have to make a password for the phone, which I do not want to do, I have no need for one ...

This I find interesting ...

So if I have a password to get into the camera the camera is not there ?

Well that defeats the purpose of those I have heard from as to why it's there then.
I have heard that they put it there for easy access, if I don't want it there I have to make a password for the phone, which I do not want to do, I have no need for one ...

This I find interesting ...

Camera is not on the lock screen if you have a passcode. Also it doesn't defeat the purpose as if you have a passcode nobody should be able to launch an app without the passcode.

Camera is not on the lock screen if you have a passcode. Also it doesn't defeat the purpose as if you have a passcode nobody should be able to launch an app without the passcode.

I found a way to remove it.
In the Setting, under the Lock Screen menu, theres now a Camera and Other Apps option ...

So if you Do want them on the Lock Screen, you can access them without getting into the phone itself.

Last edited:

I don't have a passcode on my Lock screen, if I had my way there wouldn't be a Lock screen.

That said, the way mine was at the time, if I did NOT unlock the screen, I could still access the Camera and use it without the passcode (in my case I just have the Swipe option turned on.

Thats what I'm thinking so far ... however, I have found that locally here, the 4G upgrade is finally getting somewhere...

We have a tower that is sending 4g now, not the one that makes it to my home, but it should be coming soon.

I went to south Texas for 10 days and was able to use 4G there ...
What I found was the battery life is much less than it was for the 3G service ...

Is this what others are finding as well ?

That also may depend on the speed of your LTE network. It varies around here from tower to tower but on the weaker ones I do see a little more battery consumption. Have you tested your speeds yet on LTE?

That also may depend on the speed of your LTE network. It varies around here from tower to tower but on the weaker ones I do see a little more battery consumption. Have you tested your speeds yet on LTE?

Haven't tested speeds yet because I am not in the tower area that is running 4g at the moment ... I'm sure the tower by me will be soon as theres only a few towers in this city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)