Sprint / Google Voice integration coming Tuesday

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
Google Voice and Sprint integration for everyone on Sprint looks to be launching on Tuesday (4/26/2011).

more info: Google Voice

I for one am looking forward to being able to use the GV features with my Sprint Cell#.

based on a call I had with a Sprint Customer Care / Tech Supervisor, this is on a slow roll out, culminating with the Nexus S release (rumored to be 5/8/2011), and all Sprint folks should see it by 5/15/2011.

Some folks in other forums have gotten invites, but there doesn't appear to be a way to speed it up :(

waiting with baited breath for it to be on my GV account.

It got enabled for my account today. So far, it's "interesting". We'll see how it goes over the next few days.

I have tried it and didn't really like it. I just use it as a phone number to give out so that I can block if I need to.

With the Sprint integration, your Cell Phone # becomes your GV number. This makes it easy to use all the GV features and not have yet another telephone number. What I like is the call screening and the ability to ring multiple phones simultaneously. The VM transcription is "interesting".

So far, modulo a couple of timing issues, it's been good for my use case. YMMV.

With the Sprint integration, your Cell Phone # becomes your GV number. This makes it easy to use all the GV features and not have yet another telephone number. What I like is the call screening and the ability to ring multiple phones simultaneously. The VM transcription is "interesting".

So far, modulo a couple of timing issues, it's been good for my use case. YMMV.

I have had that on Verizon for a while and I like the fact you can use that number to ring multiple numbers, but since I have had my cell number for so long I just use it for people I know and give the other number to everybody else.

I like that I don't have to give another number to all my contacts, but can set call-screening up so that unknown's (not in contact list) are asked to say their name.

I get the best of both worlds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)