Sprint's HTC Evo 1st 4G Phone

And they forgot one huge feature.... the keyboard. But hopefully by the time they get 4G here, they'll have one with a full keyboard.

I use to be a keyboard fan,but now I am so use to typing on the iPhone that the keyboard thing dont bug me anymore. :)

I'm spoiled with the large keyboard on the TP2. I use the onscreen one for short yes and no messages and that's about it. Anything more than that and the A.D.D. starts kicking in. I've played with texting on the iPhone and got frustrated with it, handed it back, and pulled out my phone to text the person.

As much as we like our keyboards, I'm inclined to agree with Scott, keyboards can be left in the dust as better onscreen keyboards get developed. I hate losing screen real estate while typing, though.

As much as we like our keyboards, I'm inclined to agree with Scott, keyboards can be left in the dust as better onscreen keyboards get developed. I hate losing screen real estate while typing, though.

That's another complaint of mine with the keyboards. I just come from the old school of having a keyboard back on the very first RIM pager(before they called them blackberry). I can't go back. I would hate to lose the feature of being able to bang out a nice long message without ever looking at the keyboard. Some may get on me for this, but if I'm stopped at the stop light in traffic with my foot on the brake, I'll respond to a text, without looking at the phone. Of course if I am moving, the phone stays in the center console.

But I'm sure I'm not the only one and they'll have some models with keyboards coming out by the time it is really worth it to have a 4G phone.

With Sprint- I have always noticed they get new stuff first but users suffer through the bugs. With Verizon, we wait forever but the stuff is solid when we get it.

as solid as when i got the samsung glyde a few years back or the bb tour on verizon :rolleyes:.

well the phone does 3g too so maybe it will work with our current plans?

I doubt it. When the EVDO(3g) phones first hit, you had to have a certain data plan on those phones.

Kinda like the Palm Pre and the Android phones, they require the newer plans to be activated. I'm sure there will be some sort of plan or add on you'll have to get to activate this phone.

Same here as long as Sprint does not make the 4G plans to expensive.

Hesse at the CTIA show talked about 4G and how rates will move from minutes to gigabytes, but said price will remain the same . . . that tells me the Everythign plan should cover 4G:

http://blogs.pcmag.com/miller/2010/03/sprint_4g_brings_more_speed_ca.php

Is it just me or are we going a little too far with this technology???? Do we really need video streaming in our pockets? I will be 33 in June and from age 5-15, I remember you called your friend on his/her house phone. they didn't pick up, you walk over or assume they are not home. If you walk over, check to see if the car is in the driveway, if not, you leave and try later. The only advantage I see with any phone right now is folks like myself who are traveling out of the office and need email capability; other than, I guess to each his/her own!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts