Sprint's Son Over-Sells Fixed LTE Plans to Get Merger Approved

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
My 3G has been getting slower and slower since they've been overselling smartphones without upgrading their 3G networks and only implementing a small area of a city and moving on with few further improvements. I didn't think it could get any worse, but its not unusual for me to get timeouts instead of my whopping 15k while out and about.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
My 3G has been getting slower and slower since they've been overselling smartphones without upgrading their 3G networks and only implementing a small area of a city and moving on with few further improvements. I didn't think it could get any worse, but its not unusual for me to get timeouts instead of my whopping 15k while out and about.

OTOH, I have noticed in the last few months that I am getting 4G service in more and more places around town, where previously I only had 3G ... That said, they still don't have the tower closest to my home up and running 4G ... my luck, once they do, I'll find that I'm too far away from it to get 4G at home.

It really annoys me because a friend is getting 4G at her place about a mile away, but shes on the Other Tower in town.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
OTOH, I have noticed in the last few months that I am getting 4G service in more and more places around town, where previously I only had 3G ... That said, they still don't have the tower closest to my home up and running 4G ... my luck, once they do, I'll find that I'm too far away from it to get 4G at home.

It really annoys me because a friend is getting 4G at her place about a mile away, but shes on the Other Tower in town.

Yeah, they put up a tower or two just to claim LTE, sell more phones, and then have a growing number of irate customers who get sh!tty 3G services in the other 80% of town.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Yeah, they put up a tower or two just to claim LTE, sell more phones, and then have a growing number of irate customers who get sh!tty 3G services in the other 80% of town.

Actually, neither of these towers are new and I don't know for sure, but I don't think an antenna designates 3G vs 4G, but I could be wrong about that, I just don't know which ones are for the cells vs anything else up theres and obviously they don't say 3G and 4G on them.

Dr3aM

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
So Cal
HAHA... People paying for service they will never see or get to use. I had to pay $10 a month for 4g on a HTC EVO and never saw 1 MB of 4g service for 3 years. Not to mention the 3g services was non existent. Speedtest.net showed 0.028 MB speed. I can understand it is a good deal but if I am paying for a service it should work.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
HAHA... People paying for service they will never see or get to use. I had to pay $10 a month for 4g on a HTC EVO and never saw 1 MB of 4g service for 3 years. Not to mention the 3g services was non existent. Speedtest.net showed 0.028 MB speed. I can understand it is a good deal but if I am paying for a service it should work.

Yes, when that started up, they told us it was for 4G ... and I still don't have 4G at my home (but do many other places now, just recently).
I paid that extra $ 10 for 3 years I think it was ...

Now if you ask them about it, they say it was for the ability to cover expanding web usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts