Spyware infection on my computer. Some Dish online retailer is up to no good!

First mistake you made. Using Internet Explorer. Get Firefox!!! Or at the very least use Chrome or something other than IE...

Second. Looks like you're using AVG. I'm sure you already know to do this, but update AVG and run a whole computer scan ASAP.

Third. Use this The home of Spybot-S&D! , update it to the latest version, go to "Immunization," click "Immunize," click "Search & Destroy" and scan your system...

Fourth. Get this Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes program, and update/scan with it...

Should fix you up... Again, STOP USING IE!!! haha...

Also, does typing DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Let's Watch TV into your web address bar also redirect you?

EDIT: oh, it messed up my last link, I meant, does typing www.dishnetwork.com also redirect you?

Check out this spyware infection on my computer. Some retailer has a deal with these spyware people to make it when you click on dishnetwork.com it goes to their website instead of DISH Networks...

YouTube - Spyware infection
May not be spyware at all but just that they have put in a command in Google to take any reference to Dish Network to their site. Try typing direct into the url space www.dishnetwork.com and see what it does. bet it goes to the correct place. So if that does take you to dish then you shoudl contact Google & tell them that they have been hijacked for any search that is for dish. I just tried here clicking on the link that Google supplies & it went to correct place, so your PC does have some type of mal-ware on it.

Last edited:
This is one of my employee work stations in the office. I don't think its the hosts file, its some spyware program as advertisement windows will randomly popup from nowhere.

As soon as you go to a website, its like something scans the URL and then redirects you to the Bullsh!t version of whatever your looking for.

Im just surprised that 2 retailers would go as low as to resort to actually paying a spyware company to get higher in the search results.

At our office we use our laptops for surfing and work PC for work. A good virus scanner is a must and run it every day when closing all the personal info dish needs to get a customer going is just what a crook needs to buy a new car, house , ect..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)