Square Shooter OTA Antenna Mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schaefsn

Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
I have a Dish 1000 attached to the side of my house. I also have a Squareshooter OTA Antenna attached to to a pole in the ground. I have to get the Squareshooter off the ground and do not want to create more holes in my house to mount it separate from the dish. I would like to have the Squareshooter mounted to the dish, kind of like a wing dish would be mounted. is there a bracket that I need to ask for or what should I tell the CSR so that this can be done? I have an appointment scheduled for next week anyway and I want to get it all done at once.

Thanks for any help.

I tried Monoprice's other indoor antenna, the black rectangular one. It was so-so.

I currently use the Philips MANT940, approx $40 from Amazon, which works much much better.

The linked one can be used outdoors, and seems to be the right price/size to install 2 of them and combine signals. At around $40 for 2, it would pay for itself in 8 Dish payments.

I didn't say it was bad, as I haven't used it. But, I can vouch for the Philips.

BTW, are you referring to the $5/mo fee for Dish Locals? If so, remember that you will no longer receive guide info for your local channels, if you drop them. So, you will have to set your local channel timers manually.

I didn't say it was bad, as I haven't used it. But, I can vouch for the Philips.

BTW, are you referring to the $5/mo fee for Dish Locals? If so, remember that you will no longer receive guide info for your local channels, if you drop them. So, you will have to set your local channel timers manually.

Sorry if I seemed short, I was not trying to be. I was not aware of the guide info. That kinda sucks...

Will the channels show up on the guide at all?

They'll show up but with NO info other than listing the channel #. Well worth it to pay the $5 @ month and receive the info and you'll have 2 ways to record your locals if you have a DVR. Manual timers & the TV Guide is a PITA.:rolleyes:

Ed

They'll show up but with NO info other than listing the channel #. Well worth it to pay the $5 @ month and receive the info and you'll have 2 ways to record your locals if you have a DVR. Manual timers & the TV Guide is a PITA.:rolleyes:

Ed

I don't have a DVR... but yeah, guide info is worth $5/month.

Does dish have a way to provide info for any sub channels that they do not carry?

Does dish have a way to provide info for any sub channels that they do not carry?
Yes, mine show up, other than my channel 66 for which all info is absent. (Used to work.) Dish pays Tribune for this information.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)