Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Staff:
I have a backyard full of dish's of all types. From commercial rx/tx to fta & bunch of others. And I have a garage full of installation stuff..... My wife actually called a scrap collector on craigslist and didn't tell me. Today I was sitting at home cuz I had only one job when the doorbell rang, It was two guy's with a big truck asking if they can access the backyard to get the scrap. I was like WTF?... Told them wrong house and mind my pitbull on their way back to the truck. So just now my wife called me and asked if they picked up the dish's in the back yard.

My question is, If I paid the $19 to be a pub member, Would I be able to put some classified ads up in the appropriate category?

Thanks!

Thats a hard one as we need to be fair to our sponsors who pay a lot more then $19 to advertise here.

We had another member in the past start posting a bunch of equipment for sale and he was actually trying to undercut the sponsors prices. We ended up deleting his items and I gave him back his pub membership money.

So I guess it depends on what your trying to sell, how much your trying to sell and the condition of the items.

Hope you see where I am coming from here, its a fine line we must walk. :)

I totally understand, Thats why I asked first.
I don't have anything but used equipment I picked up from job sites over the last 10 years. Swap outs, Dumpster finds, dish's and related stuff. When ever I am on a job site, I look out for good satellite finds. But now my backyard is overwhelmed.

If it helps, I have nothing "New" all used and if it helps even more, I don't need to post prices, I could just take offers. Just makes me sick to think my stuff will just go to the scrap yard. :-(

Guess I could use craigslist.

If you only do one or two used items at a time then I don't see an issue.

I know I have a lot of equipment no longer being used in my back yard and garage, its hard to throw satellite equipment away.

Thanks for asking. :)

I dont see any issues with it.

Now if you want to sell a bunch of new Dish/Direct equipment at "rock bottom prices" that might be different ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts