Staples is buying Office Depot in a $6.3 billion deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit using Office Depot. Everything I buy for the office is 50-70% more than Sams or Amazon. I can occasionally get competitive prices at Staples but still when OEM toner cartridges are $110 at Office Depot $80 at Staple and $50 at Sam's or Amazon. I won't be going with the first 2.

Copy Paper $8 a ream at Office Depot. $2.50 at Walmart.

Office Depot and Staples are competitive on office furniture and occasionally computers but everything else not so much.

Reactions: Mr Tony
No staples close by. Office Depot closed a few months ago. There are 2 Office max locations within 10 miles. I believe Office max and Depot combined a few years ago.

I am buying most office supplies from Target or Costco and Amazon for the less common stuff. The Office stores just aren't competitive and lately they are less likely to actually stock what I want.

I hope anti-trust considerations kill the deal. I hated it when Staples bought Quill.

Not much there IIRC, other than the VLA which is pretty impressive. But I really love ABQ and the trolley up the mountain (Rio Grande sometimes turns into a river of molten gold at sunset), and of course Sante Fe and Los Alamos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)