Star Chioce programing?

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Have lost my BEV reception. Thinking about changing to *Choice. Is it possible to just get their HD package (all I watch), or is there a basic package required?

*C doesn't have a HD pack as far as I know. They include HD channels at no additional charge as long as you subscribe to the SD version. There is a minimum package to get HD.

I'm weighing my options re: distant nets now that I expect to lose my standard def, NY DNS from Dish. I live on the west coast, just north of Los Angeles. Is Starchoice my only Canadian option? I was leaning towards BEV because my wife and I are familiar with Dish PVR's, but after reading this thread about the hit and miss signal, I'm thinking BEV may be a bad idea for me and my geographic location. I'm looking for distant nets (east coast) in HD for time shifting. I can no longer live without a PVR (preferably dual tuner), so that's a must have as well. Of course cost is a concern too, but I'm willing to pay a little more, for more HD. Any suggestions for the best programming and hardware solution? Many thanks in advance!

BTW - I can see both 148 and 61.5 with my E* system without any problem. I don't know if that is a determining factor in regards to whether or not I can see BEV sats.

Last edited:
starchoice has 14 hd channels at no additional cost bev has more but you pay extra. with *c you can get 2 e coasts feeds--buffalo & Detroit & seattle & Spokane for west coast feeds.

daves1 said:
starchoice has 14 hd channels at no additional cost bev has more but you pay extra. with *c you can get 2 e coasts feeds--buffalo & Detroit & seattle & Spokane for west coast feeds.
daves1- thanks for your response. Are all 4 of the net sets (2 east, 2 west) in HD?

Footprints are different for each satellite. Being able to see 61.5 in no way assures you seeing 82W from BEV....just read the threads.

SC has no issue in North America......BEV continues to play more and more games with hide the transponders.....

BigFella said:
daves1- thanks for your response. Are all 4 of the net sets (2 east, 2 west) in HD?

no

Spokane is SD only
Buffalo is SD only

Detroit is SD & HD
Seattle is SD & HD (SC doesnt have ABC West HD though)

starchoice hd is as follows abc,cbs,nbc,pbs, fox detroit, cbs,nbc, fox.
west, cbc ctv east, tmn (cost extra) and two sports channels tsn
total 14--more are suppose to be on the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)