Shaw/Star Choice LNB's

Wintexan

Original poster
May 12, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I have a Shaw Away-From Home receiver, which is an older model that I use at my Summer and Winter cottages.
My problem is that my dishes - both model 60E - have different LNB's - one is a LM-2738-SC, and the other is an MSOC-1631LAN. I have used both LNB's OK, but every time I change, I have to call Shaw for a factory reset of the receiver to match the other LNB.
I have three questions -
1. Why is this necessary when the input frequencies, output frequencies and polarization specifications are identical for both LNB's?
2. Is there any way I can do the factory reset without getting Shaw assistance? They are very helpful, but it is a time-consuming procedure I would rather avoid.
3. If the only answer is to use two identical LNB's, which is the best choice, and where can I get one?
Thanks,
Wintexan

Each type of lnb has a different V=code. This includes lnb type, location and classic/advanced channel lineup.
A factory reset does nothing for your issue. Shaw direct has to manually input a different v-code.
I would grab another LM-2738 lnb. Not sure what the other one is. The 2738 is the newest lnb type, excluding the new Xku lnb for the new G1 Sat.

Check kijiji. I see a couple in Montreal selling $10-$20 bucks. Probably some in your area.

Catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts